1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roof problems

Discussion in 'Problems, Fixes, Tips...' started by Hannah williams, Sep 24, 2021.

1. Hannah williams

Hannah williams Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Daihatsu copen
    Hi all,

TLDR: roof is in boot, can't close it manually. I'm getting codes 11, 12, 13 and 15. How do I fix all of this?

So this is going to be a long post.

First off I want to say that the battery in the car is new and I know that cannot be the problem.

So the roof went down fine. I went through the normal procedure. Took the car for a run and when I come home the roof wouldn't close back up. I made sure I was level, hand brake was on and yet the roof wouldn't budge. The light would flash when I pushed on the switch and stop when I released the switch. Left the car for a while, tried again, and nothing.

So I come on here and find a post about closing the roof manually. I tried to do that. The right side wouldn't budge, although the left side does so now I'm stuck on what to do. I don't know what's causing that arm to be stuck, so any suggestions on what to do next?

I'd also like to add that I bridged the OBD2 connector after doing all of this. I got multiple codes. Codes 11, 12, 13 and 15. I reset as per the YouTube video and now the light just flashes constantly. Once I get the roof back up I'd like to be able to fix the short circuits as I'm unable to right now due to the roof being in the boot. Any ideas on how to fix those as well?