Roof Out of Action

Discussion in 'Problems, Fixes, Tips...' started by Mazzy, Jun 10, 2014.

1. Mazzy

Mazzy Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Copen
    :think:My roof wont work. A few weeks ago I put it down in the sun, and it wouldn't go back up. So I manipulated the small silver hand brake button located under the hand brake, opened and closed the boot and played with all the levers over and over until the roof eventually went back up. However, now the rain has cleared and the sun is out again, I cannot for the live of me and all the tricks I used to shut it, get the roof to open. Can anyone offer me any kind of help Pretty PLEASE?????

2. trustafox

trustafox Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Yes
    I assume as you got it to close automatically then its not the case of a blown fuse/power loss.
    So have you looked in the boot for leaking hydraulic fluid? Does the pump make a noise when you operate the button?
    Water in the boot thats playing with the electrics in there?

3. dsb

dsb Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    copen vivid
    have you tried releasing the boot, fully opening it, closing it and then trying?
    that worked for me - and then to bring fully back to life turn the 2 blue plastic bits under the boot until they pop back in place.

4. Nedryerson

Nedryerson Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    0.66 Copen 2003
    Fiat 500
    Sorry, I can't help you sort the roof problem but I can share my recent experience.

My roof would not close and I figured out it was jammed in the boot on my brief case which was under the cover but still too high.

I tried releasing the roof using the two wires but one just snapped.

I could just see the case in the gap below the roof and as it is soft leather I managed to get the flap open which revealed the book- sandwich inside. The documents would not be budged but I managed to clamp a pair of mole grips on to a folder then a length of flex on to the moles and with a steady pull managed to withdraw the folder. Once it was out the roof eased a sigh and then responded to the switch.

Since then no more bother but I have learned not to exceed the space under the luggage cover.

Ned

5. Lammylai

Lammylai Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Wrx
    Yrv
    Copen
    My roof suddenly stopped working...
    Swapped control boards and tested the direct dc connect motor hydraulic is all working fine. Just that no signal going into the motor. Pls help

6. Natalie

Natalie Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen
    Mazzy:

1.open the boot and make sure the cover inside the boot is on properly as that'll stop the roof from opening too.

2. try cleaning the silver handbrake lever/ button under the handbrake, it might be getting stuck.

hope that helps