1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roof Noise

Discussion in 'Problems, Fixes, Tips...' started by trebor2001, Apr 3, 2012.

1. trebor2001

trebor2001 Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Copen, Seat Leon Cupra T Turbo
    My Copen has a very annoying noise [ passenger side, above my good ladies left ear ] the noise goes something like this....... CLACK, CLACK CLACK, CLOCK CLOCK CLOCK, CLACK CLACK CLACK............and so on, it is usually heard going over a bump, but can manifest itself, almost on any road conditions, i have tried the time and honoured adjustment of the roof latch, ie; fully tightning the little rod, and then to a midway point, then as slack as it will go, all to absolutely no avail, still the CLACKING goes on, all ideas, would be gratefully received.............
    ps] the noise is obviously only present with the roof closed........:-((

2. Adam K

Adam K Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Nissan Cube Kaizen
    Have you given all the hinges a lube?

Check to see if the parcel shelf bit is loose or rubbing on some plastic trim.

3. nertman

nertman Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    57 plate copen
    Customised MGTF
    Nissan Terrano
    Suzuki GSR
    Kawasaki W800
    Nertman

We had the same but with some advise from Adam i've solved most of it.

Ajusted the front catches and oiled all the moving parts with WD40,cleaned the rubbers and applied a rubber treatment to soffen any hard area's of the joining rubbers

Still get some noise but not anywhere near as bad(most of our clank now comes behind the seats towards the back of the roof),still a work in progress