Roof & boot problems - not opening

Discussion in 'Problems, Fixes, Tips...' started by Quadzilla, Nov 2, 2014.

1. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Copen
    Hi guys, a family friend bought a copen, she went to let the roof down one day and only opened one roof latch. After this the boot door would not shut and the roof will not function. - the light on the dash for the roof is constantly lit red.

The car was left out to me to try trouble shoot (people dont realise I am only useful around vintage cars :rolleyes:)

I have manually opened the boot and checked everythng I could have and looked for as many sensors as possible. As far as I can see there was no mechanical strain to the components. The boot door shuts manually, but will not open using the switch. When the boot door shuts it is not 100% tight, there is a little movement.

I tried to test the magnetic sensors on the boot door with a multimeter, but I wasnt getting any resistance from them. How do they work?

I have also tried disconnecting the roof ECU in the hope it might re-set itself, wishful thinking! Is there a re-set procedure?

So has anyone got any tips to help me trouble shoot the problem. As far as I can see the electrical system for the roof is confused and does not realise the roof + boot door is closed and will therefore not function any of the hydraulics.