Roof/boot lid sticking and heated seat issue

Discussion in 'Problems, Fixes, Tips...' started by Chrishome49, Mar 20, 2018.

1. Chrishome49

Chrishome49 Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen, 2003, silver
    Hi there, ;):clap:
    Hope everyone's well.
    I've had my trusty little silver 03 plate 0.7L for 6 years now and always love driving her around Stirling.
    Today, I had the roof down for the first glimpse of sunshine for a while but when closing the roof on arrival to work, the roof closed fine but the boot lid stuck with the motor continually trying, but I resorted to giving it a helping push then it closed normally. I read the post r.e hydraulic fluid which is at a normal level and no sign of leaks, also I used the roof a few weeks ago so the motor hasn't been dormant for long. Could hinges etc just need lubricated, any advice? I just tried the roof again twice and the boot lid stuck both times.
    Also the drivers heated seat seems to have stopped working. I note the fuses on the drivers side but unsure which one and if it may be a straightforward replacement?
    Thanks in advance.

2. Chrishome49

Chrishome49 Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen, 2003, silver
    Does anyone have any advice? Still struggling sadly as no further forward.

3. Vin Petrol

Vin Petrol Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    2004 0.7 Copen
    I'm not sure on your roof/boot, I'd try lubricating it as it can't do any harm.
    The fuse for the seat heaters is on the bottom right of the fuse box, the bottom right corner fuse is the defogger, the 1 left of that is the red 10A seat heater fuse, it should say S/HEAT by it.