1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

roof and boot wont open

Discussion in 'Problems, Fixes, Tips...' started by sjaveedhassan, Sep 20, 2012.

1. sjaveedhassan

sjaveedhassan Copenworld Newbie

hi

can someone help my roof and boot will not open. no reason for this it was working. red light in car will flash when i press button no respons when press center console button

2. Adam K

Adam K Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Nissan Cube Kaizen
    Hi sjaveedhassan,
    When was the last time the battery was changed? Problems with the roof not working seem to highlight a poor battery. That would be my first thing to try.
    Did you used to operate the roof without the engine running?

However the flashing light indicates that one of the requirements for opening the roof hasn't been met. So it could be a problem with the switch for the handbrake. They get covered with crud over the years which makes them sticky. Take out the centre console & give it a clean.

It neither of this things help I think it's time to take the car to a garage.
    With the roof I'd take it to en ex-Daihatsu dealer. If not a Toyota or Lexus garage. I understand that the Copen roof is a smaller version of the Lexus convertible.

3. Ashley

Ashley Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    Copen
    Merc estate
    RAV4 3-Door
    A few weeks ago, another member had the same problem... this thread https://www.copenworld.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=1067 has the replies from myself and Scareysue - there have not been any further questions on that thread, so I assume at least one of the points was the problem?

I'd like to second Adam's welcome.

Adam's points about crud in the switches are, of course, correct - but best to check the simple stuff first...