1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

replacing rear indicator light passenger side

Discussion in 'Problems, Fixes, Tips...' started by Heisenberg, Feb 1, 2018.

1. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen 2004
    Hi folks - bulb just gone in my rear indicator light passenger side - got a new bulb but having trouble replacing it as I cannot get the rear brake light unit out to get at the rear indicator unit below. The screw in the rear brake light unit comes out easily but I cannot get the unit out and don't want to break the plastic. Any hints or tips?

2. Vin Petrol

Vin Petrol Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    2004 0.7 Copen
    Most of the advice I can find boils down to 'push it and hope'. Apparently it's held in by 2 retaining clips which should come out with a bit of force, a few people mention they've broken a clip but the light still fits securely.
    I've got a full set of chromed bulbs waiting to go into mine, I figure if I swap them all out at once it should be a while before I have to do any again and bulbs are cheap enough compared to the effort of replacing them.

3. Attack chihuahua

Attack chihuahua Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    One off daihatsu copen
    2013 Vw beetle
    You dont actually need to take out the rear brake light unit to change the indicator bulb. The unit lower down is the one you need to remove and that comes out with two spring clips, press them down and push the unit forward. Should be out :)