Replace Dashboard Lights?

Discussion in 'Problems, Fixes, Tips...' started by r.d.stillwaters, Dec 8, 2014.

1. r.d.stillwaters

r.d.stillwaters Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen 2004
    Hi everyone.

both of our dashboard lights have failed within only a few seconds of each other which I thought was a bit supicious.

Does anyone know the best way to access the dash bulbs so I can check them out.

Also, if the bulbs are OK I suppose it could be a fuse or earth connection?

Any advise would be appreciated.

Thanks

Phil & Dawn

2. Pierre

Pierre Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Copen 0.6
    Copen Instument Lights

Dear Phil,
    Guess your problem is solved by now, but I had the same question and ended up buying the wrong size bulbs. So for the benefit of anyone else in Needs of replacing instrument lights here are the details:
    1. Ist no big deal, should take you less then 20 min from start to stop (includes the learning curve).
    2. Remove the plastic cowl covering the instrument panel; it just clicks in place (can be done with your hands, no need to use a screwdriver).
    3. Remove four star nuts holding the Instrument Panel in place.
    4. Carefully pull Instrument panel forward; it is attached by two cable sockets, and the third by a screw. Pry the first two loose; I elected to remove the star screw holding the third in place.
    5. There are 7 instrument lights; remove them with a small pair of pliars by gently turning.
    6. The bulb holder is a B8.5D, and the bulb size is V-2 T5 (all are the same size).

I elected to replace all lights with the complete unit (bulb holder including LED bulb).

Remember to check polarity - LEDs only work is one way around!

Good luck and happy motoring!
    Pierre

Last edited: May 16, 2015
  3. Mario González

Mario González Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen
    Thanks, and what about the fuse?

4. BarnsleyRob

BarnsleyRob Copenworld Veteran

Car(s):
    2009/59 silver Copen 1298 cc (now gone to a new home)
    You do realise this thread is over 4 years old don’t you @Mario González ?

5. Two_Faces

Two_Faces Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    L881
    can you give an advise where to buy the bulb holder including LED bulb. mine are broken too and i want to use led but cant find.