Removing door cards??? help?? please??

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Burge, Mar 12, 2014.

1. Burge

Burge Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen
    Hello, first post!

Trying to remove door cards... I've taken the inside door handle base off and the screws underneath the silver panel of the door handle... But I can't work out how to get the door card off from there... I've been looking for ages on here for an explanation but can't seem to find it!!

http://www.copenownersclub.org.uk/removing-your-factory-fit-speakers/

Just to be clear, I'm up to picture 8 on this.

Please help!!!

2. Adam K

Adam K Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Nissan Cube Kaizen
    Hi Burge, Welcome to Copenworld.
    You've almost done it. All you need to do is, at the bottom front edge of the panel near where the harness bundle goes into the door. Get your fingers in behind the panel & pull towards you. You'll hear popping noises as the clips disengage (they're little white plastic poppers). Once you've pulled along all the bottom edge & it's free you need to slide the door card up. This lifts out the return flange at the top by the window.

3. Your Majesty

Your Majesty Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    Copen, no other car.
    Pop the retaining clips

Once the screws have been taken out, you need to pop out the retaining clips.
    Start on the bottom of the door - I inserted a couple of old credit cards so as not to cause any damage and then inserted a wide screwdriver between them to lever free the first clip. Then you should be able to release the next clips with you fingers. once the clips along the base and sides of the door have been popped, the panel can then be lifted up. it is hooked over the top of the door so hence lifting upwards.
    DSC01981.jpg

See the above pic of the back of the door panel, you can see where the (white) clips are to help with where to lever. it can be a bit daunting if you haven't done this before but the clips will just pop out of the retaining holes with a bit of effort, so have a go :)