1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

remapping 1.3 Copen

Discussion in 'Modifications' started by Kevin Batchelor, May 17, 2013.

1. Kevin Batchelor

Kevin Batchelor Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    Copen
    Hi all

I have inquiring about a performance remap for my 1.3 Copen. Found a guy who "might" be able to do it in Sussex. I am waiting to hear back

It could give an extra 10 bhp and increased fuel economy.

Will keep you informed

2. trustafox

trustafox Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Yes
    I would be surprised if you got 10 hp just by the re-map unless something is really lacking with the Copen. It can squirt more fuel in but you will also need some more air passed a certain amount of extra fuel otherwise it will get very sooty. So to get 10 hp, I feel it would need inlet mods to make it easier to pull the air in, especially the higher revs. I didn't say more air because the cylinder capacity will still be the same, so in theory how does it pull more air in? Only thing is closer to 100% before the valve closes.

Also an exhaust improvement would be needed to exhaust the gases more completely before those valves close.

I would be sceptical about improve fuel economy. More fuel squirted in means more fuel used. It might be in certain situations of driving. Maybe approximately the same fuel economy would be a more realistic expectation. A good exhaust system can increase it because it lets the engine waste less power pushing the gases out.

I'd be interested to know what the increase is. My guess would be more like 5 hp with no mods.

3. Kevin Batchelor

Car(s):
    Copen
    THanks Trustafox

If I get it done I'll let you know - although I have the computer data from a tuning company in Belgium who have done it. It also increases the torque a lot.

But I don't understand these things - I just drive!

Cheers

Kevin

4. trustafox

trustafox Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Yes
    I got figures of about 15 hp increase but that was with exhaust change and ecu re-map. They also offer air filter mod to, the 15 hp may include this. Also I think they swap for a better performing cat. So if those make 15 hp extra, I was sceptical of 10 hp by just the re-map.

And remember 10 hp will be at peak power, 5000-6000 rpm?. at a more driving useful 2000-4000 rpm it would average more like 5 hp.

More torque is good as that is usually low and mid range not just top end.

5. Kevin Batchelor

Car(s):
    Copen
    Useful information - thanks

where did you get the information and who can do it?

Kevin

6. jcuyckens

jcuyckens Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    Volvo XC60 2015
    Toyota Corolla 2004
    Rover 45 V6 2005
    Daihatso Copen 2006
    BMW R850RT & R850R
    Yamaha GTS1000 1993
    Hello Kevin, since I live in Belgium and looking for a Denso ECU remap, I am curious what tuning company has the expirience to modify this Ecu.
    (1.5 + sportcat + air box modification)
    Regards Joost.