Red Leather seats + door cards

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by Parm Bilkhu, May 2, 2014.

1. Parm Bilkhu

Parm Bilkhu Guest

Hi all, I just recently bought a silver Copen with black cloth interior. I'm looking to swap this out for the red leather but can't seem to find it anywhere. Can anyone help please? Thanks in advance.

2. JulesAtCumbria

JulesAtCumbria Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    2009 (59) Copen
  3. Parm Bilkhu

Parm Bilkhu Guest

Hi Jules,

Thanks for taking the time out to reply. I tried the one on ebay earlier this week and they came back to me to advise that the interior is in a bad state so that's a no go.

I hadn't tried Parts Gateway but just sent them a quick note now.

Thank you for your assistance.

Parm

4. JulesAtCumbria

JulesAtCumbria Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    2009 (59) Copen
    No worries, Parm.

I looked back at the omniscient Adam's earlier posts on breakers and he came up with a couple of other options you could try:

http://www.sgpetchparts.co.uk/daihatsu/copen/

... and also http://www.partshark.co.uk/used-car-parts-breaking-vehicles/daihatsu/copen

and he advises that with PartShark you should ring as they never reply to their online enquiries.

Hope you track the hens teeth down!! :rolleyes:

5. Parm Bilkhu

Parm Bilkhu Guest

Hi Jules, thanks again for the response.

Tried both of the links mentioned but still no luck. Looks like red leather was not in my Copen's destiny lol. Why oh why did the initial owner just not pay £500 for the option lol

6. joeleow

joeleow Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen (red) and Lexus IS250 (white)
  7. Parm Bilkhu

Parm Bilkhu Guest

Thanks Joe, I'll certainly try them. What was the cost? Did they come as seat covers that slip over the seats or do they require more work? Have you any pictures please? Thanks in advance.

8. joeleow

Car(s):
    You may want to have a look at my thread below. I chose a more expensive leather, so it was pretty expensive for the job that I required. However, they do have other types of leathers to chose from.

As for slip-ons, it is best to communicate with them directly.

https://www.copenworld.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=1943&page=6

9. Parm Bilkhu

Parm Bilkhu Guest

Woah! That looks amazing. That's some serious mods there. Out of my league for sure. Great thread though in terms of what goes where etc. Thanks for that! The hunt for the leather seats + door cards continues ... :-((

10. tictac

tictac Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    Copen 2004
    Prius 2006
    Hi Parm, my car has black cloth and I too have been looking to re-upholster in leather. I have found an upholstery service here in AUS who has the Copen seat patterns (he said he did the Copen leather upgrades for Daihatsu when new) and can provide the ready to fit leathers for a reasonable price. You can fit yourself (he provides instructions) or seek a fitment service, but it seems fitment is about the same cost as the leathers. So best to have a go at fitting yourself, that is what I plan to do.

Now since you are in the UK then the AUS provider won't be much use to you, but these sorts of services are out there so look around if you are keen and also if you are willing to have a go at fitment yourself.

11. trustafox

trustafox Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Yes
    But is there anybody in the UK that has Copen patterns to get a good fit? The worry would be finding someone who would give it a go! and end up with less than satisfactory.

How much is a typical price they charge for 2 seats?

12. tictac

tictac Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    Copen 2004
    Prius 2006
    The price I have been quoted for leather is $800 AUD (about 450 GBP) for 2 seats & door cards, plus freight. No fitment, instructions provided for DIY or find an upholstery service, but I figure you'll get stung for fitment costs at about the same price as the leathers.

13. Funksterhardtop

Funksterhardtop Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    07 Copen
    Hi
    I have a copen 07 plate with red leather interior
    I am looking to change this to a tan or grey not sure yet and depending on price .
    I have so far been quoted £1200 but this was from one of the best auto interior people in the country so I'm sure I can get cheaper ,I will keep you informed

Plus if when I find some one and depending if your seats and cards etc are the same as mine bar the leather / cloth ( I'm not sure perhaps some one could tell me ) then I might consider selling you my leather ones and using yours ,but of course depends where you are and price etc etc

14. joeleow

Car(s):
    I spoke with the leather workshop on their charges. They charge S$180 per seat for PVC and S$400 for full leather. Base on their experience, most people would choose PVC for slip-ons. Also, they wouldn't recommend slip-ons for the door cards.

15. Parm Bilkhu

Parm Bilkhu Guest

Hi Funksterhardtop,

Thanks for the message, look forward to your decision. Sounds an interesting proposition if all goes to plan! Do keep me posted please.

Thanks in advance!

16. Funksterhardtop

Funksterhardtop Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    07 Copen
    Hi Parm Bilkhu
    See my latest post on modifications ( wheel nuts and leather )
    Do you know if your seats are heated and the condition etc or the seats door cards and steering wheel ,are your door cards all cloth or do they have PVC or vinyl ?

17. grunt

grunt Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    Audi A4
    2003 Copen 659
    who in Oz ?

Hi Tic Tac - sorry to re-open old threads - but just wondering who is it in Australia ?

I have leather now - but would like to keep details for the future in case the seats need a refurbish - that price is pretty good.

I recently had new Alcantara seat faces replaced in my Audi front seats - that was $1000 just to replace the seat centres (not the leather bolsters etc) - Audi Brisbane wanted $2400 per seat for new covers - and then they need fitting of course...

cheers
    grunt

18. tictac

tictac Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    Copen 2004
    Prius 2006
    Hey Grunt, I discussed with http://proseat.com.au/ who said he had Copen seat patterns & could do the leather per my earlier post. I have not done it yet, although I am tempted.