Rattles in the roof

Discussion in 'Problems, Fixes, Tips...' started by Kevin Batchelor, Apr 14, 2012.

1. Kevin Batchelor

Kevin Batchelor Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    Copen
    Hi everyone - it's such a pleasure to own a Copen for the first time (2004 reg - Green)

I have had my car for 3 weeks and it seems to rattle a lot in the roof on the driver's side.

Does anyone know if the roof clips can be used to tighten it or are there other fixes. Looking forward to being part of the communicty

Kevin

Hi

I found the fix on the features page and have done it - simple. The hexagonal screw only turned a couple of turns to its maximum/minimum. Not driven the car yet so will post and let you know

IT DOESN'T RATTLE ANYMOE! HOORAY! Thank you Copenworld!!!!!! And members!

Kevin

Last edited: Apr 14, 2012
    Okibearded1 likes this.
  2. MeGaLoDoN

MeGaLoDoN Copenworld Newbie

Hi, I'm having the same problem as well. I've already tightened them to the maximum but it still rattles alot. Anyone knows why this still happens?

3. Adam K

Adam K Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Nissan Cube Kaizen
    Hi Megladon,
    Welcome to Copenworld.
    Buy a pair of rubber finger thimbles. You know the ones that help flick through pieces of paper. Put them on the pins that locate the front edge of the roof.
    Do you tuck the sun visors under the roof latched handles too? That stops them rattling.

Okibearded1 likes this.
  4. issuefixed

issuefixed Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    yes
    I removed the useless sun visors and stick some foam tape into the holes to make them invisible. You MUST have shades / sun glasses driving a Copen anyway, just to show how cool you are. :cool:

Cheers!

5. Ruth

Ruth Copenworld Newbie

Hello everyone,

i have a question about servicing, having to now look at for my 2005 (55) reg 690cc Copen. I went to a Daihatsu dealer, who quoted £520 (!) but the local Formula 1 garage said "£99", so, can Formula one do a proper service for so much less? and what do the dealers do for the £520? the list they reeled off didn't include anything major - no cam belt etc - so what am i missing?? any help on whether i should be spending this much or if my Tiny Bob will run just as well after a £99 service, would be very very gratefully received x thank you x

6. MeGaLoDoN

MeGaLoDoN Copenworld Newbie

Yeah I do tuck the sun visors under the handles too. It helps, but not much. Thanks for the rubber finger thimbles tip though, will definitely try it out.

7. cobilly

cobilly Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    Audi 80 B2
    Mitsubishi Pajero 2d GDI
    Daihatsu Copen 1.3
    We are out of subject here, but I think all Copens have a timing chain (which does not need to be replaced on service). See here.