Possible new record set for longest air, oil and filter change!!!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Darren H, Mar 19, 2022.

1. Darren H

Darren H Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Red 04 Copen 659cc Turbo
    Hello All.
    Just taken 4 hours to do an air, oil and filter change (First time I've done one ) and wondered if this was a new record for slowest time.

Absolute nightmare due to over sized filter being fitted the last time it was done and the usual problem of it not fitting through the engine mount. Also the old filter was a different diameter to the new one which I bought a nice new cup wrench to fit. Ended up at Halfrauds buying a metal band wrench which eventually did the trick after losing several knuckles in the process.

I got the old filter out through the front after removing the grill unbolting the air filter box and removing the braided air pipe. Still I suppose next time I do it it will be a lot simpler and quicker now the correct filter is fitted.

Glad I did it as the oil and filter looked like they had been in there for a very long time. Probably due to the problems stated above.

Gotta look after the turbo you know.

Now for a beer and a shower. :)

AFR0N1 likes this.
  2. AFR0N1

AFR0N1 Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen L880K (KMVZW)
    my first filter change took a long time also as I had the exact same problem. luckily once the correct filter is in it becomes a much quicker process for next time