Passed NOT at 2nd attempt.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Neil50, May 30, 2017.

1. Neil50

Neil50 Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    2004 Copen, yellow red leather interior
    2006 525d BMW 5 Series Touring MSport
    Audi A2
    As the title says Waspy got through the mot on 2nd attempt. Failed on brake judder and imbalance and lambda reading on emissions. £100 later, new discs (old ones were totally knackered on the inside face and didn't even look like a brake disc surface) New pads to match new discs, catalytic converter cleaner (in with fuel) exhaust repair bandage and fun him paste (for hole just after the tail pipe split to 2). Got through second attempt with only 2 advisory -minor oil leak (will re-tighten sump plug now it has heated and cooled a few times after oil change) and damAGed track rod end boot (but not letting in dirt).

Not to bad for the fun it gives. Will probably have to look at a new exhaust for next year. The large silencer looks fine but the back section (welded) will not last much longer.

2. welz

welz Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    copen 2003
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2017
  3. BarnsleyRob

BarnsleyRob Copenworld Veteran

Car(s):
    2009/59 silver Copen 1298 cc (now gone to a new home)
    I've been looking for an exhaust system for the 1.3 Copen if anyone comes across one. The eBay seller of the 660 version hasn't responded to any of my email enquiries and I reckon mine has only got about another 12 months left in it.

4. Salieri

Salieri Copenworld Veteran

Car(s):
    Used to have a White Copen, but I sold it in 2023
    Custom made stainless steel seems the only way to go apart from the original daihatsu part.
    Probably costs as much as the original one but lasts forever :D

5. Vin Petrol

Vin Petrol Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    2004 0.7 Copen
    That's what I did, had a Longlife stainless steel custom from Top Gear in Stockport. £449, 2" pipe with 3" inward rolled tailpipes. Looks quality work, I'm deciding between a decat or a sports cat but whichever I'll be having it done at the same place.

6. BarnsleyRob

BarnsleyRob Copenworld Veteran

Car(s):
    2009/59 silver Copen 1298 cc (now gone to a new home)
    I'd prefer stainless as long as my insurance company don't hammer me for it. Currently with eSure who seem to be sticklers for counting anything as a mod - including changing the stereo.

@Vin Petrol
    We'll have to meet for a shandy some time. I'm just the other side of Woodhead.

Vin Petrol likes this.
  7. Neil50

Neil50 Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    2004 Copen, yellow red leather interior
    2006 525d BMW 5 Series Touring MSport
    Audi A2
    might look at stainless steel later on. Has anyone had a set made that also gives the 660 a nice "growl":devil::devil::devil::devil::devil:

8. Vin Petrol

Vin Petrol Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    2004 0.7 Copen
    I actually asked for mild, and it was fairly mild at first but a little wheezy, air filter was almost completely black though. After I fitted the induction kit it has a nice throaty roar, but a clean air filter might have been almost as good. The induction kit was the same price as a standard air filter though, plus about £10 for a starlet turbo intercooler pipe and some silicon tubing, and has a washable filter.

Brad likes this.