Overheating problem... 659cc, only when driving on the highway!

Discussion in 'Problems, Fixes, Tips...' started by sheppardpat47, Jul 25, 2022.

1. sheppardpat47

sheppardpat47 Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    2007 Daihatsu Sirion Sport 1.3 16V 87HP (K3-VE)
    2007 Daihatsu Copen 1.3 16V 87HP (K3-VE)
    Hello everyone

I own a 2004 Copen, with a brand new turbo and all that things, it works fines when driving in the city, and driving 80-90km/h
    Temps are normal, and when I stop, I wait till the fan kicks in the lets it cools the engine, then I stop the engine, I already done the bleeding of the system and it works fine, cools perfectly well

But when I drive on the highway, temps are fine even , I exit the highway and goes into town, fine.
    Then, when I come at destination, I do my little thing close the roof and wait till the fan kicks in, works fine and then.. It start to rise slowly to became like on this picture : IMG_4045.JPG
    It was like a little bit more than on this picture, if I shut it down it will boil furiously, so I let it cool but after 15 minutes it's like on the picture, then I just shut it down because I will not wait for one hour to cool...

I've seen some peoples here says that it might be the headgasket but I'm not sure because I have no fumes, no mayonnaise in the oil, car drives perfectly fine...

Some people says that it was just the radiator cap, or the thermostat, so I just bought both, because it's cheap...
    I bought also the good coolant, because old owner put G11 (green one) and it needs G12, not sure if it's the problem

Does anyone have an idea? :( feeling down...

2. sheppardpat47

sheppardpat47 Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    2007 Daihatsu Sirion Sport 1.3 16V 87HP (K3-VE)
    2007 Daihatsu Copen 1.3 16V 87HP (K3-VE)
    It's the headgasket that's blown up
    I will see if the seller will take it back because I'm so disgusted of it right now...

IMG_4050.JPG

Headgasket tester goes yellow.. So there's Co2 in the coolant :(