1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Open your boot with the remote

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by funsiz, Sep 25, 2009.

1. funsiz

funsiz Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Copen
    heres a little trick hold down the unlock button on your remote and the boot will open

2. kaz_1000

kaz_1000 Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Copen
    also when shopping I have noticed that when you have unlocked the boot and are busily filling it with a huge amount of shopping, its surprising what it can hold, the car locks itself which means you can go and take the trolley back without locking the car up, which I always like to do since having a car stolen :D

3. dk21

dk21 Copenworld Newbie

Hi
    I have a 2009 1.3 and the remote boot unlock does not work with these - dealer says only on the older copens - even tho' the owners manual says it does! I suspect it is something to do with teh cobra alarm/remote fitted to the 2009 cars.

4. copenworld

copenworld Copenworld Founder Staff Member

Car(s):
    Copen
    Mine's the same. It's got an alarm fitted so it has a different remote, and the boot unlock doesn't work. It's probably the most frustrating problem I have with the Copen. I wish there was some way around it!

5. shiftyhowe

shiftyhowe Copenworld Newbie

I've got an 09 copen and the boot opens with the remote. Thats with the cobra alarm as well.

6. dk21

dk21 Copenworld Newbie

I have looked into this
    The problem (boot release by remote) only exists in the first batch of copens fitted with the Cobra alarm system - this is the two button Cobra tear shaped remote. Copens prior to this batch and after this batch all have working boot release on the remote (later Cobra remotes have three buttons). Someone at Daihatsu or Cobra obviously made a mistake! Daihatsu customer support were not very helpful - to make the release work on the duff batch I would need to buy the later Cobra alarm as well as pay for the old one to be removed and fitting of the new one - at least £500-£600. Nice one Daihatsu!

7. dk21

dk21 Copenworld Newbie

problem solved

A Cobra engineer looked at my car and fixed the problem. The boot now opens by remote (2 button Cobra remote). He fitted a short length of wire to the Cobra CPU - took him about 20 mins. I suggest anyone else with the same problem contact their local Cobra agent.

8. copenworld

copenworld Copenworld Founder Staff Member

Car(s):
    Copen
    That sounds like fantastic news - the inability to open my boot from outside the car is such a pain. How did you go about getting a Cobra engineer? Was it arranged via a Daihatsu dealer, or some other way?

9. dk21

dk21 Copenworld Newbie

It was not easy - over two months of correspondance with the dealer, then Daihatsu UK. Daihatsu took the line that it was a change of sepecification. They said I would need to buy the newer Cobra alarm to fix the problem. I then spoke to Cobra who said my alarm could be modifide to open the boot. When told this Daihatsu put me in touch with the Cobra engineer who fixed the problem - using only a few inches of new wire. He did not charge me for this - but said this was a 'one off'. I suggest you contact your local Cobra dealer.