1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

O2 sensor

Discussion in 'Problems, Fixes, Tips...' started by Mark Chen, May 31, 2012.

1. Mark Chen

Mark Chen Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen 660CC
    Opel Combo
    Hafei
    Hyundai
    Does the o2 sensor need to be replace even if the indicator light did not light up?
    Will it help fuel efficiency?
    What type of o2 sensor to buy?

2. dwayner

dwayner Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    A 2005 copen and a
    Camry Sportivo
    dwayner

Mark, i had them replaced - when the orange engine light came on and stayed on - They are expensive - there is 2 of them - invoice says $940 and $1040.
    In australia, i had to wait 6 weeks for them to arrive, but i was told i could still drive the car, while i waited for them to arrive. It is unerving, seeing the warning light on all the time, but i didnt notice any drop in fuel consumption at all - and the engine still ran normally, with no change - they are of course, best to replace, but you can still drive the car normally, with no change in performance. hope that helps. They may be cheaper where you are -

3. Mark Chen

Mark Chen Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen 660CC
    Opel Combo
    Hafei
    Hyundai
    Hi Dwayner, the O2 sensor is way too expensive. In Singapore I could get it for about SDG$100.
    Thanks for the sharing your experience. Looks like I will wait for the O2 sensor warning light to light up before I replace them.
    There are a lot of parts in Singapore that are cheaper, let me know if you need some parts and I will check if Singapore has it... cheers.

4. dwayner

dwayner Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    A 2005 copen and a
    Camry Sportivo
    dwayner

That would be great Mark.