1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Number plate shape.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by DaG, Aug 12, 2012.

1. DaG

DaG Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Copen 1.3
    Does anybody know why some Copen's have an almost square plate while others have the more conventional letter box type plate?

2. Binz

Binz Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    Copen (plus Kawasaki W650 and Honda CRV)
    I think the squarer plate is what it came with when new and other is what people have replaced it with. I've put a 'letter box' type on mine but it doesnt sit central.

3. Adam K

Adam K Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Nissan Cube Kaizen
    I think different dealers fitted different style plates.
    Mine has an import size plate with slightly smaller letters made & fitted by the dealer. Which matches the size of Japanese license plate. Looks as the designer intended.

4. Coxsie

Coxsie Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    Copen + Signum
    I measured the width of the mounting plate, the depth had to be slightly larger as the lettering would have been to small, then ordered a licence plate to fit, the lettering is slightly smaller than normal, but still OK for the MOT check. Remember the licence plate must have the British Standard (BS No.) on it to be legal.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2012
  5. DaG

DaG Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Copen 1.3
    What's the general consensus on which shape looks better? I think I prefer the squarer shape & I'm thinking of changing my plate to this shape but can't decide.

6. Binz

Binz Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    Copen (plus Kawasaki W650 and Honda CRV)
    very much personal choice, both look OK IMHO. What i'd really like to do is have no rigid plate and just have an adhesive one on the bonnet like sports cars in the 60's and 70's [​IMG] but the grill shape and mounting boss rule that out (and so does the law)