1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

normally you'd be glad to get a new car....

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by dsb, Sep 17, 2014.

1. dsb

dsb Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    copen vivid
    i'm sure i'll like my new fiat 500, but i'd rather be driving my copen vivid that has died.
    I've convinced myself that i'll see a super cheap 1.3 for sale in the next year and buy it as my weekend car.
    I live in hope.....

2. Your Majesty

Your Majesty Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    Copen, no other car.
    My other half badly wanted a fiat 500, but it was a bit disappointed when finally test driving one. Then had a go in Copen and ended up buying one - such a fabulous car that I had to get one too! They really do get into your soul and you know you'll get another one soon :)
    It was sad to hear your recent tale and that you had to get another car quickly. I don't envy that predicament and you have mine and many others sympathy - I hope you do end up finding a good 1.3, at least you have a bit of time to wait for the right one - best of luck ;)

3. joeleow

joeleow Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen (red) and Lexus IS250 (white)
    The Fiat 500 is quite a character car too. I always take a second glance when I drive past one. Have fun with it! :)

4. dsb

dsb Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    copen vivid
    it was a bit different driving home in work with the 500 today - with the copen i'm in fifth gear by 40mph
    with this I had to switch back down to 4th to accelerate at a decent speed up to 70 and only then select fifth.
    maybe on a technical level that's the way it should be with efficient cars but it threw me!

5. Number6

Number6 Inactive User

Car(s):
    2005 0.7L Copen
    IIRC, the owners manual recommends gearing up to 5th when you hit 70... I can't remember if that is KPH or MPH