Non Genuine parts problems

Discussion in 'Problems, Fixes, Tips...' started by Mikamilly, Aug 30, 2012.

1. Mikamilly

Mikamilly Copenworld Newbie

Hi all,

Has anyone heard of any problems when using non genuine parts, I have noise coming from my brakes and the mechanic said everything is nealy new under the car, he has checked all the brake, drive shaft etc and everything is pristine, the only thing is the brake pads and discs are not genuine daihatsu. But he can't find anything wrong so this is the only thing h can think of.

Thanks

Angi

2. Adam K

Adam K Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Nissan Cube Kaizen
    I can't say I've heard of such a problem.
    How long had the discs & pads been on the car before the noise started?
    What sort of noise is it?
    How often does it happen?

3. dwayner

dwayner Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    A 2005 copen and a
    Camry Sportivo
    dwayner

I didnt know you could even buy non-genuine parts for the Copen - who else makes them?

4. Mikamilly

Mikamilly Copenworld Newbie

Not sure what make the parts are, the discs etc where put on in June and the noise started a couple of weeks after I got the car in July, the noise only happens when you brake, gentle to full braking you get a loud thumping noise which is bump bump bump etc if you break fully is hard it stops. It starts quickly then slows as the car slows.

I am losing my mind trying to find out what it is. I went to diahatsu dealer who told me it was non-genuine parts and could order the right parts etc, but my normal garage has taken the breaks apart and can't find a thing wrong, he says the car is in fab condition and everything looks like new.

He is worried we can start replacing parts but doesn't want to as it could cost lots and we are just taking off good parts.

It sounds like the noise is coming from the front and to me it sounds like something revolving or touching the brakes as they turn.

:-((

5. Adam K

Adam K Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Nissan Cube Kaizen
    Can you feel any vibration through the car or the steering wheel at speed or when it makes the noise when your braking?

Has the mechanic checked for any errors codes in the ECU?

My thoughts are an ABS issue. perhaps a damaged ABS sensor. Every time your braking the ABS is going off.
    Or perhaps warped brake discs.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2012
  6. dwayner

Car(s):
    A 2005 copen and a
    Camry Sportivo
    dwayner

ABS does that kind of vibration bump under the pedal - i thought it was a bit unusual, as its my first car with ABS - if you not pressing hard on the brakes, it shouldnt do it - i changed the brake pads at 120,000km and also at 215,000 kms - so it cant be that, bit of a mystery i guess

7. dwayner

Car(s):
    A 2005 copen and a
    Camry Sportivo
    dwayner

i had another thought - check to see if you have a warped rotor - i had this on my previous car, which i forgot about until just now.