Newbie from Hampshire would like some help

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by dharush, Nov 12, 2014.

1. dharush

dharush Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Subaru Impreza WRX
    Daihatsu Copen
    Hi everyone,
    As yet not an owner am hoping to be one soon. At present the family own a Subaru Impreza 5 door WRX (small practical family estate car) and a primrose yellow Fiat Punto. I work away from home all week in Essex travelling home on the train most times and driving home occasionally. My wife back in Hampshire looks after the dogs and horses. So guess who's driving the primrose yellow Fiat Punto. My total driving in Essex consists of a drive to the gym nightly and a 3 mile trip to the supermarket once or twice a week. Guess who wants the Copen. As I am now looking any hints and tips on my purchase will be greatly appreciated.

2. ClareL

ClareL Copenworld Veteran

Car(s):
    1.3 2008 Copen
    The Copen is a great car! I'm in Essex and find people are far more willing to give way to me in the Copen than my other cars - I think that they are trying to work out what it is :D. Have you test driven one yet? It is quite a hard ride but good fun to drive.

This buyers guide will tell you the unique points of a Copen to look out for.

https://www.copenworld.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=1078&highlight=Buyers+guide

It is always best to wait for the right car, auto trader is a good place to look, or I did see one on a forecourt in Leigh on Sea the other day - it is probably not the car for you but might be handy for a test drive depending on where you are, let me know if you want me to check if it is still there as I drive past every day, then you could visit mine and see what happens when you get carried away and keep spending money on little extra modifications :D:D:D

3. dharush

Car(s):
    Subaru Impreza WRX
    Daihatsu Copen
    Many thanks for your quick reply. I am in Basildon during the week and a Copen at Bransons Leigh on Sea is in Autotrader. If it's still there I may have a look. What sort of "mods" do you have?

4. Binz

Binz Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    Copen (plus Kawasaki W650 and Honda CRV)
    Hi,

have you decided what version of the Copen to go for? The main decision is engine; 1.3 or 0.6turbo. The 1.3 has lower maintenance costs (service every 9000 miles) and is slightly better on power and economy. The 0.6 turbo is cheaper to buy but needs servicing every 3000 miles. If you are into modding for power then the 0.6 seems to be more popular.

Where in Hampshire are you? I commute 60 miles/day between M3 Jnctn 5 and Jnctn 1 in my 1.3 and it's fine at motorway speeds.

Good luck with your search

Binz

5. ClareL

ClareL Copenworld Veteran

Car(s):
    1.3 2008 Copen
    I'm in Southend and work in Hadleigh, so not too far away!

My "mods" are all cosmetic and quite subtle - well maybe not my "winter wheels" which are gold minilites :p I have lots of chrome and leather inside to smarten it up, as the original interior is quite plasticky and outside I have an ultimate edition grill and some more chrome bits! I also have new speakers and a double din radio with blue tooth for my phone. There a lots of bits you can buy and once you start you get a bit carried away. The hardest bit is finding the right car. As Binz said choosing engine size and price is a good place to start.

6. dharush

Car(s):
    Subaru Impreza WRX
    Daihatsu Copen
    Hi
    We are in Kingsclere so it's M3 junction 6 for me. Once a month I would be coming back from Basildon in Essex on a Friday and returning on Sunday evening or Monday morning. I still haven't decided which engine to go for. I thing the 1.3 Copen would probably suit me better but being newer they are more expensive.

7. superspat

superspat Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    ford cmax
    daihatsu copen
    the 660cc is much more. yes its slower in standard form but as soon as you start to mod with breathing mods it very quickly makes the 1.3 look slow and you can have a bov on the 1.3. its very very fun boosting with the roof down. if you want to see the potential of a 660cc copen pop down im only 20 mins away from southampton and can take you out in mine, its far from standard and only running very low boost till i get it mapped but will give you idea of what they are capable of .

i mite also be getting a silver 09 plate 1.3 copen with 16k on the clock and a 05 plate 6600c with 34k in red if they come in at a good price at auction

8. dharush

Car(s):
    Subaru Impreza WRX
    Daihatsu Copen
    I have been the proud owner of "Cilla" for a couple of months now a 2006 Silver 659cc with 23K on the clock.

I just can't stop grinning.