1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie from Brisbane, Aus

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by ScottS, Oct 26, 2017.

1. ScottS

ScottS Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Renault Sport Megane 265 Trophy 8:08
    Hi all,
    Been a fan of this car since it came out in Aus. Looking for a car that I can modify and turn into a road legal track car. This car appeals to me being light, low, wheels in the corners for balance and the ability to make it a sleeper (just for fun) and the looks, its so damn cute!

Have been reading the forum for the last few days and found a lot of useful information.
    Fingers crossed I find one now that has the regular service schedule for the turbo Aus version.

I have tried to read the D Sport Japanese site, but am struggling with the lack of an ‘EN’ translate button.

Scott

2. Number6

Number6 Inactive User

Car(s):
    2005 0.7L Copen
    Use Chrome as your browser, auto translate. If you find something you want to buy, ask Streeter Corporation

3. MultiplexMan

MultiplexMan Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    KIA Carnival YP, Copen
    Welcome and hi Scott,

I have an almost complete inventory of K-Take Off, D-Sport & Martian Crate accessories for the Copen. Any questions, just ask.

4. jez77

jez77 Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    2003 Daihatsu Copen
    2000 Toyota RAV4
    I've said it before but as much as I love the copen it's no track car. Unless you have an unlimited budget and can read japanese. You'd need to spend at least 5 grand on the motor just to keep up with any hot hatch on the road.
    Especially with the tracks around brissy they are power circuits not handling.

They are nippy around town but sluggish on a highway.

5. ScottS

ScottS Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    I completely forgot I posted on here and was doing some research on a brand and came across my own post :)
    Update is that in January this year I bought a Copen (new Daihatsu turbo, 133k kms, well maintained), so far it has had few part changes and lots of fluid flushes to clean things out.
    So far:
    D Sport radiator cap
    D Sport gear knob
    D Sport tow point
    D Sport air filter
    D Sport Tower Strut bar, fusebox relocation and bonnet gas struts
    Turbo back, Mandrell bend exhaust upgrade, 2 1/2” dump pipe, 2 1/4” system into 2 4” tips. Looks and sounds amazing
    KC Technical low profile side mount driver seat rail
    Sparco Rev seat on drivers side

I run the car a the Mid Week Sprint Series at Lakeside Raceway in Brisbane and last look I was running 3rd in the 6 cylinder class (4 + Turbo puts you up a class) this was before the exhaust and seat upgrade. I have run another day since in the wet and that time I was faster than my dry time, so the exhaust has made a huge difference.

MultiplexMan, I am very interested in know what you have for an L880K :) next on the list are turbo and ECU, maybe email me my shopping list, I mean your stock list :D (gellatlyracing@gmail.com)

6. ScottS

ScottS Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Each to their own mate. But I fully disagree with you.