1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New windscreen

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by dunf, Mar 29, 2014.

1. dunf

dunf Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    copen
    Got a brand new windscreen fitted yesterday. Looks much better than the old scratched n chipped one. If anyone is interested in how to remove the scuttle strip at the bottom of the windscreen, it unscrews from the engine bay then is held on by 5 hidden plastic pop clips. Plastic trim fork is the tool of choice for these, inserted from the windscreen side.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2014
  2. Biggav4000

Biggav4000 Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    Daihatsu copen
    How much was your new screen fitted as i need one ?

3. alz2605

alz2605 Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen
    VW Golf TDi
    Yeah there's loads of scratches on the inside of our windscreen. I just assumed the last Lady owners diamond rings kept scrapping against it as she was cleaning the dashboard :eek:

4. dunf

dunf Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    copen
    Same as everyone else's price with comprehensive insurance? £60 excess.

5. tictac

tictac Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    Copen 2004
    Prius 2006
    I just replaced mine about 2 weeks ago, the exterior sand blasted effect was not safe for good vision on rainy nights or into setting sun. Removing the windscreen wipers then the scuttle strip was reasonably easy, gave it a good clean out while off. Here in AUS I paid $215 for the windscreen supplied & fitted, they came to me and did it in my garage. Took about an hour.