New Windscreen Wiper Blades

Discussion in 'Problems, Fixes, Tips...' started by Rex, Nov 29, 2009.

1. Rex

Rex Copenworld Pioneer

Car(s):
    Copen
    I like the look of these wiper blades Wiperblades.co.uk :) They were highly rated in Auto Express April 2009 and look very sleek when fitted.

However, when I typed in the make, model, they don't supply the right size for the Copen :(

Measuring the ones fitted at present, I found the Driver side to be 450mm and the passenger side to be 400mm. Now as most blades in the UK seem top be sold in inches, I'm assuming this in 18" and 16". Is this the same size as on your Copen? :think: I can't find the size listed in the manual.

The site does sell 18" version but not 16"

Anybody fitted 2 x 18" or seen something similar that would fit?

Rex.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 30, 2009
  2. LadyNim

LadyNim Copenworld Newbie

Can't remember the sizes, so sorry that this doesn't answer your question - but I bought some of these and had to send them back cos the fittings didn't work. I might have been being very dim but they just wouldn't fit...

3. Rex

Rex Copenworld Pioneer

Car(s):
    Copen
    Well, I had a email back from Wiperblades today saying they now stock them for the Copen. :)

So LadyNim, I appreciate your comment, but I'm going to try them. Maybe they have a different fitting now.

Rex.

4. copenworld

copenworld Copenworld Founder Staff Member

Car(s):
    Copen
    As usual, we'll expect a full report back when they arrive, with photos, and maybe even a feature-length HD video of you fitting them. You may be in the running for this year's Wiper-Blade-Fitting Oscars. :D

5. Rex

Rex Copenworld Pioneer

Car(s):
    Copen
    Okay, okay - an update...
    Well, delivery of the blades was very good - arrived in 2 days.
    Fitting was easy once I worked out there is a small clip you have to press to get the old ones off!

I think they look quite good, slightly spoilt by the big mounting point. I think it is so big, so it can accommodate different mounting methods for different cars.

Operation - well the left side of the passenger wiper does not completely touch the windscreen when the wipers are parked, so there is a small uncleared patch at the far left of the screen. Not a problem to the driver! At first, I found the drivers wiper jumped a bit on the return leaving little ridges of water on the screen, but after a wet weekend around Dartmoor, this seems to have disappeared.

Overall - I'd say 5 out of 10. I won't send them back, but I'm unsure if I would buy them again.

Rex.

6. lamster

lamster Copenworld Member

7. honeyjew

honeyjew Copenworld Member

I brought some of those flat aero type wiper blades from ebay a while back. I never liked them, they had a tendency to miss huge patches of the screen. I replaced them with some standard Bosch ones which were a massive improvement.

While we are talking about wipers, does anyone know where I can get the Chrome washer arms from? I've seen them on Copens before but I've never seen them for sell anywhere. I know you can get the Chrome wiper blades from ebay, but that would just look a bit silly with the standard black arm.