New to the Copen Place...

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Tineehinee, Dec 3, 2009.

1. Tineehinee

Tineehinee Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Yes, Subaru Forester and Mercedes A160 Elegance
    Evenin' all, got my li'l bugger 'bout a month ago via an auction in Livingston, Scotland and have been lost in the ever searchin' world of the Turbo replacement as it limped out of the auction- barely.

My wife and I relocated as expatrietes from Cali in the US 'bout a year and some ago. She is a mature (and gloriously beautiful) Veterinary Student at the University of Edinburgh whilst I retired from RBS in the states and merely look after our full stable of 2 horses, 2 kats and 3 dawgs. Full tyme job non-the-less whilst she has, by far, the most difficult task of spending every waking hour becoming a doctor!

In the state we don't have the Copen (never even knew they existed) and once I saw one I had to have one (shhhh... Shannon doesn't know yet as its a surprise long since waiting while I located the turbo and gaskets since found in Australia and another used one came to light down in Kent- can never have enuf so I've seen!) as I've always titled to the cute and unusual having had Volkswagons (the Thing and a convertible Bug). Fiat Spiders, Postal Jeeps and a 1957 Metropolitan (we saw it as an upsyde down bathtub).

Found you club online and gratefully registered and hooe to add some narrative, ill spotted humor and just a place to connect with the like crowd. I'm sure it'll be hard keepin' my fingers off the keyboard so I make take up some bandwidth so just pass on by if duty calls... 'til then, Tineehinee

2. copenworld

copenworld Copenworld Founder Staff Member

Car(s):
    Copen
    Hello Tineehinee, it's a genuine pleasure to welcome you to copenworld.

From California to Fife...quite a contrast I would have thought!

I must say I really admire your taste in cars. I particularly have a soft spot for Metroplitans, and I hope to have one some day sitting on the driveway alongside my Copen.

It sounds like you've searched the entire planet to get your Copen back on the road. I'm sure your wife will be absolutely delighted when the surprise is revealed.

I hope you can stick around and become an active member of our friendly little community.

3. Pikachu

Pikachu Copenworld Pioneer

Car(s):
    Yellow '53 reg Copen!
    Hi - welcome to the forum! This really is becoming quite a cosmopolitan little site, isn't it?

We used to live in Fife; we were in Thornton, a village between Kirkcaldy and Glenrothes. Whereabouts are you? Fife is not the prettiest part of Scotland, but at least it's handy for getting to the bits that are!

4. machinehead

machinehead Copenworld Pioneer

Wow, what an amazing story. From California to Scotland!! Welcome to copenworld.

What part of CA are you from? I spent a while working in San Diego in 2004/2005. I had an apartment in La Jolla/ University City area. Costa Verde apartments to be exact.

It's the one place where I think I could live that isn't home. What a perfect climate.

M.

5. Tineehinee

Tineehinee Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Yes, Subaru Forester and Mercedes A160 Elegance
    Afternoon All, we live up in the Lomond Hills between Leslie and Falkland and although beautiful (we eoverlook the entire Firth and Edinburgh) the darkness. head-down winters and gray in between do present a contrast that cannot be left unoticed.

We relocated from San Francisco area and we well know we left behind the quite possibly most perfect weather place on earth but duty (Vet MD Degree) calls and we have lived all over the world from London, to Bermuda, Miami, Colorado and more. I'm originally from NYC (Bwooklyn!) and Shannon's from Colorado so we've become all the adaptable and wherever we lay our hat is our home. We'll see where we float to in 2012...

At long last got the turbo's in (Japan Warehouse with much help from JapanEazi too!) so it won't be long now. As a heads up the Daihatsu dealership and in particular Ian in parts in Dundee (actually Broughty Ferry) are top shelf. I also found out my 2004 is still under a 6 year body warrenty and he'll take care of any body needs and even more. Seems everyone has a warm place in their heart for the mighty mini shoe!

'Til then, thanks for havin' me and be back soon! Tineehinee