1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new speakers... will these fit?

Discussion in 'Modifications' started by dsb, Nov 19, 2013.

1. dsb

dsb Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    copen vivid
  2. trustafox

trustafox Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Yes
    it says on the page they are 165 mm!

Product Description
    Jbl couple r. diff gto 629x2 165mm speaker 165 mm, 2-way, rms power:

They might even be too deep but I think 165s can fit.

3. dsb

dsb Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    copen vivid
    indeed - the main blurb says 16cm - it's only when you scroll down that it says 165mm - most misleading!
    i'll have a play at the weekend maybe.

4. Adam K

Adam K Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Nissan Cube Kaizen
    I would guess you would need a spacer & drill some new holes to get them to fit.

5. ClareL

ClareL Copenworld Veteran

Car(s):
    1.3 2008 Copen
    We fitted some Alpine SPG-17C2 door speakers, in readiness for a double din upgrade later, they're only co-axial but are 17cm and I have to say sound pretty good and so much better than the original Pioneer ones in the door.
    There was a requirement of some adapter rings and extra holes for mounting the speakers but there is plenty of room within the moulding on the door panel to accommodate them and worth the effort!
    So I reckon with some tinkering you shouldn't have too much trouble... Just be sure to check the depth more than anything! With the window down!! :eek:

6. dsb

dsb Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    copen vivid
  7. dsb

dsb Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    copen vivid
    update!
    got the door card off, the new speaker isn't too deep and fits nicely in the hole.
    on the negative, the holes don't line up and the speaker power terminal is a different shape to the prongs on the speakers - looks like I'm going to have to pay the garage to fit them - I was going to get them to do the subwoofer anyway....

8. trustafox

trustafox Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Yes
    Having my door cards off today for the first time gave me a glimpse of my speakers for the first time also. And they are not standard. Upgrade city!! They are the same ones ClareL mentioned about and who was pleased with them. Probably why I've thought the originals were ok when others were saying they were not very good. I had a feeling they might be when I saw the sound deadening on the door. These are Alpine SPG-17C2 16.5 cm.

I was thinking of upgrading the speakers even though I was happy with the sound. But now I don't need to. :)