New owner nr St Albans in Hertfordshire

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by MarkJ, Oct 29, 2021.

1. MarkJ

MarkJ Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen L880
    Mazda Mx5 Mk3
    Hi All - I just thought I'd say hello. I bought a 2004 Vivid in red at a car auction, unseen (yes, I know). It has a few problems to sort out with the boot/roof, key fobs, etc. - all of which are probably covered in previous posts that I'll look through. We are a family of 5 with 6x cars between us (poor neighbours) including 2x MX5 Mk1's, so quite used to messing about with cars. I'll admit my alterior motive is to get the user manuals, but really looking forward to get to know you all. Wrt the user manuals on this site, would you say that they're as good as anything else available online (I know there's no Haynes guide, but there is something from 'eManualOnline')?

2. AFR0N1

AFR0N1 Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen L880K (KMVZW)
    Hello there!
    A Vivid edition is quite uncommon. Nice find! hope you enjoy it

I would say the manuals here are probably the most useful thing for the Copen online because not many people in western countries seem to know the car even exists. The manual here has basically everything another site might have and more from what I've seen. It's fairly large as it contains stuff about rebuilding the engine, wiring diagrams, how the body panels are fitted etc. It's very in depth and technical. only down side is it isn't a YouTube tutorial that will tell you how to fix something. (for that I find searching either here or Japanese forum MiniKara to be the most useful. you need to have some technical knowledge to understand a lot of what's in there.