1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New owner from Derbyshire

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by sefton, Sep 5, 2022.

1. sefton

sefton Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen 660, Fiat 500, Jaguar 4.0 Sovereign, Jaguar XFS
    Hi all, We bought a 660 Copen in January this year on my wife's instuctions and she loves it! 2005 in silver with 30,000 on the clock. I must say it's an absolute pleasure to drive but not much use for towing the caravan! Guess I'll just have to keep my Jag as well!

2. Mike Joseph

Mike Joseph Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen 1.3
    Jaguar iPace
    Hello Sefton, I have a Jag also and I love both as by the one I drive at 50mph and it seems like 25mph and the other I drive at 25mph and it seems like 50mph
    I have had the car since June 2022 with 24,000 one owner and 1300cc engine in beautiful condition, no rust
    The only fault was a leak on the AC which is now fixed @ £100 including recharge but spent quite a lot on double DIN screen with Apple Car play, phone kit and reversing camera as I had a big problem figuring out where the back was when reversing
    Have had the wheels refurbished with new chrome nuts and locking nuts, brighter head lamps, car cover, boot rack with weatherproof bag and even though little surface rust on the underside chassis am having it wire brushed and undersealed, metal seat belt guides which are a little higher than originals so belts run a bit more freely, and I have ordered a chrome surround for the double DIN screen as there is a little gap round the edges which will match the chrome on the instrument binnacles
    I have been getting 43 mpg over 1000 miles with the roof down and the AC on in 2 months
    I drive it Spurs every other week and people let me out in the traffic, number plate helps
    I think I am in love

3. sefton

sefton Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen 660, Fiat 500, Jaguar 4.0 Sovereign, Jaguar XFS
    Hi Mike, I agree about the sense of speed in the 2 cars! Your Copen sounds really nice with the mods you’ve done (and the reg). We bought ours on a whim really. My wife had seen one driving round locally and loved the shape. We found ours advertised online and bought it without doing much research but I’m pleased to say it’s in quite good condition considering what we paid. It has a couple of bubbles on both rear arches which I’ve dealt with by sanding rustproofing and painting. It’s a great fun car and very responsive to drive. Still prefer the Jag though!

4. Mike Joseph

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen 1.3
    Jaguar iPace
    Out of all the "Posts" I have only seen one where the owner was moaning about the car, but I did feel it was a lack of research, everybody else loves theirs

It would be nice if we could get a "Copen" Festival once or twice a year in the warmer weather where owners could meet
    If you agree I will Post a suggestion separately and see what response I get

5. Mr Dastardly

Mr Dastardly Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    2008 Copen 1.3
    Hi Mike,

Where did you source metal seat belt guides from and are the new ones any good? I’m looking for some, but cant find any in UK and the shipment from Japan is expensive.

We’ve got a 2008 1.3 Copen and love it. We’ve just come back from a 1200 mile week long trip to France and the car didn’t miss a beat. 130kmh on Autoroutes and almost all with the roof down. We’ve worked out a great way of using packing cubes to carry our stuff. Surprising how much you can get behind the passenger seat and in the boot if you pack carefully !

6. Mike Joseph

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen 1.3
    Jaguar iPace

Hi, the guides came from Japan Greenline Motor Sports about £124 of which shipping accounts for about £40. They do work better but still not perfect but they look very good
    Sounds like you had a good trip
    I have ordered a boot rack with weatherproof folding bag from the boot bag group about £500. I can’t take the money with me so my kids will get items rather than cash and if they love the car like I do, it will be better than cash

7. Mr Dastardly

Car(s):
    2008 Copen 1.3

8. Mr Dastardly

Car(s):
    2008 Copen 1.3
    Thanks for the info Mike. At that price I may try and get some custom made