1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New member with leaky copen

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Thespian1961, Sep 19, 2014.

1. Thespian1961

Thespian1961 Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen
    Fiat 500 pop
    Hello All

I've had my Copen since 2006. I've had water in the boot problems, and now water in the off-side foot well and nearly 2" in a pool under the drivers' seat.
    The carpet is now drying in the garage and there are patches of blotting paper all over the place trying to find leaks. Following a huge thunderstorm and downpour last night I had a close inspection and found absolutely nothing.
    I have my suspicions but I'm curious to see if anyone else has the same ingress problems. Look forward to hearing from you all.

Kind regards Steve and ODO the copen.

2. dsb

dsb Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    copen vivid
    When I had water in the boot it found its way into the cabin - presumably by capillary action through the boot/ floor lining fabric. Once I stopped the water getting in - via silicone sealing the brake light, I had to daily put some absorbent paper behind the passenger seat with a couple of bricks on top for weight. Took a couple of weeks for everything to finally be dry. Used to bring home some waste printer paper for the purpose.

3. r.d.stillwaters

r.d.stillwaters Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen 2004
    Water in the boot

I had at least two inches of water in the boot. Had all the light sealed. What finally stopped it was to take out the rubber bung in the centre of the boot. I have been told that condensation builds up in the boot and this is also the cause - I can also agree with that statement.

No bung - no water - no build up of condensation.