New Daihatsu Concept Car

Discussion in 'Front Page News' started by copenworld, Sep 26, 2012.

1. copenworld

copenworld Copenworld Founder Staff Member

Car(s):
    Copen
    [​IMG]

Autoblog reports that Daihatsu is showing a new concept car, the Daihatsu D-R, at this year's Indonesian Motor Show.

It looks very much like a refreshed and modernised version of the Copen.

It's not the first time that Daihatsu has shown a Copen-like concept, so it remains to be seen whether it (or anything similar) will ever make it into production.

We can but hope!

Thanks to Adam K for already starting a discussion here on the forums.

2. dwayner

dwayner Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    A 2005 copen and a
    Camry Sportivo
    Dwayner

Lets hope so.
    There was a article in the paper here in australia about 4 months ago, saying that Toyota might be bringing in some of the diahatsu cars in 2013 as "toyotas". One was an all-new design small car, the other an enlarged Copen. can live in hope i guess..

3. Liz

Liz Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Diahatsu Copin 2005
    Why I like my Copen

I really like the Daihatsu concept car too. But, I wouldn't change my 2006 Copen for it!! What a wonderful little vehicle it is on a long trip. Sits on the road like a Porsche I once owned. The faster you go, the tighter she hangs to the road. Just as wonderful in town amongst the traffic. It has the acceleration to nip in and out of traffic and on a long trip when there are rows of trucks, you can comfortably overtake knowing you have the speed to get out of any trouble.
    My one is the only one where I live and it is known as the Noddy Car. Quite an appropriate name for it. I use her for my main picture on Facebook.

I don't think there are many in South Africa and I would love to make contact with other Copen owners in our Country. I have the bottle green one with tan upholstery. I am interested in comparing petrol consumption with them and also tyre size. I have fitted a slightly bigger tyre to mine. I suppose I will be told that I wont get a correct mileage reading now!!!
    Well, this is my debut letter - I would love to hear from other Copen owners.

4. dsb

dsb Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    copen vivid
    if I believe my satnav (and I do), my copen over reports it's speed by about 3 miles per hour.

5. trustafox

trustafox Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Yes
    Look at one of my posts as I listed my speeds v satnav for 10 mph increments