New Copen owner seeks help!!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by dean3713, Jan 28, 2015.

1. dean3713

dean3713 Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen
    Hi I've just jumped into my first copen Great little car I love it! I have a faulty roof at the moment though and was wondering if anyone could guide me in the direction of someone who may be able to help me in the midlands area (hopefully not somewhere i'll be charged a small fortune just to tell me it's broken) Thanks in advance for any help you may be able to provide.

2. Number6

Number6 Inactive User

Car(s):
    2005 0.7L Copen
  3. threepot

threepot Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    Copen, Hijet, Celica, and Yaris!
    Yep, bring me your copen!

I have just fixed this one last week:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jR8YmgPbKMk

Took me about 8 hours to solve that mystery! Has been at a main dealer already where they couldn't solve it.

Turns out after much digging and testing, a tiny part of the ecu was damaged. With a very delicate repair on the PCB it now works. I tried to take a photo of the damage but I'd need a proper macro camera lense to focus on it.

I turned that job round in 24 hours, but I was working on it till 1 in the morning.

He drove the car up from London area I think!

Done a fair few now, and every one has been different. I love working on the roof system as solving them is like the ultimate rubix cube.

You will find my contact details here:- http://www.autofaultfinder.com

4. hiramscodd

hiramscodd Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    53 plate black copen
    transit
    it seems the answer to your problems are on here ,enjoy your trip ooop norf:D

5. Sparky

Sparky Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Nissan Qashqai.
    Hyundai I40.
    Daihatsu Copen 1.3
    Yup Matt fixed our roof no problems and he knows what he's talking about not just summat he's read, fill yer tank up and get up there coz he'll sort it and then you'll be ready for top down motoring, well as soon as this effing cold weather has legged it :)