1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Story - Chloe's Copen

Discussion in 'Modifications' started by Chloerosewilding, May 11, 2015.

1. Chloerosewilding

Chloerosewilding Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    2006 daihatsu copen 0.7
    Hello, my name is Chloe, I brought my Copen a couple of months ago now, and have made a few little changes, nothing too big, but enough for me to appreciate! This is my Copen on a little photoshoot down a lane local to me before any changes.

[​IMG]

I began with changing my radio aerial, before it was plain black and really long, very noticeable, I looked on Ebay and found a man selling a chrome beauty!

[​IMG]

I had been looking at other Copens and was quite envious of their leather seats, my seats were black cloth originally.
    [​IMG]

However, while I was looking through ebay, I came across tan leather seats for sale, I know they are not standard on the yellow copens, but I love them so much! I understand that yellow copens weren't sold with tan leather, but by me fitting them to the car I feel like I am making it my own, and to suit my personality.
    When fitting the seats I wasn't sure whether the heaters would work due to not having the wiring at the time, so I expected that I'd be fitting just the seats to the floor, but when we took the cloth seats out, wiring was supplied and ready to be plugged in! Thank you Daihatsu! :p

[​IMG]

I now have a really toasty bottom during driving!
    I am really pleased with the result, beautiful tan leather!

[​IMG]

Can anybody suggest any other mods I should do? I am planning on rustproofing the arches, and possibly underneath the car.
    Thanks for reading guys! :)
    Chloerosewilding

2. MattMacc123

MattMacc123 Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    Copen 1.3
    Hi Chloe and welcome to the forum! :) Your Copen looks fantastic, Good work on the seats! as for rust proofing, i am currently doing that my self using some Hammerite and under seal body wax from Amazon. Also have a look at this post here by Adam K, he has included quite a few good tips for rust proofing your Copen. https://www.copenworld.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=535

Modifications for the Copen are endless really! Check out some of the link below :)

http://global.rakuten.com/en/category/510282/

Hope this helps!

3. JulesAtCumbria

JulesAtCumbria Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    2009 (59) Copen
    Hi Chloe!

Great to see that you sorted out the starting probs you suffered a few days ago (lots of help on FB!).

Has your little yellow rocket got a name? Certainly got a personality!

Love the mods so far ... and the tan seats are an inspiration - think they go really well with the ace yellow body colour.

I'm not going to suggest mods 'cos there's so much stuff on here, and many more people better qualified to talk you through them, but you know what? You're gonna have a bundle of funnn!!

4. Chloerosewilding

Car(s):
    2006 daihatsu copen 0.7
    I have also painted the grill matte black, then to clean things up I painted a few parts satin black. I think it looks so tidy now!
    [​IMG]
    :)

I came across another Copen tonight in Aldridge, grey with a spoiler, wish I could have met the owner! Anybody on here know who it is :think:

5. Chloerosewilding

Car(s):
    2006 daihatsu copen 0.7
    Oh I am so embarrassed, it was nothing to do with the immobiliser, or key, I left the lights on while I was shopping so the battery went, therefore I just couldn't unlock it, and obviously I couldn't start it! :( I feel really silly!
    I haven't got a name for her yet no, but family and friends call her my Noddy car, my little quaver or my little yellow submarine! I like all of them but she definitely needs a proper name! :p

6. Old Badger

Old Badger Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    2004 Copen
    2016 Honda HR-V
    Hi Chloe! Car looks great and new seats are cool! As to a name, well, she is small and yellow so how about Primrose? Too twee? Or Canaropen? Or Copenary? Or Lemopen? Or Copenana? Or Pollen? :D:D enjoy your new baby!! OB

7. Number6

Number6 Inactive User

Car(s):
    2005 0.7L Copen
    Lemopen sounds like a blood pressure drug :)

8. Chloerosewilding

Car(s):
    2006 daihatsu copen 0.7
    I quite like my noddy car or yellow submarine :p