My project

Discussion in 'Modifications' started by Matt, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Matt

Matt Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    Copen
    Hi guys, I will be starting to buy a few bits for my Copen once I collect on Sunday, I'm pretty new to the copenworld so would welcome any advice people are willing to give me.

So my Copen is a 2002 660cc and yellow in colour, look forward to sharing a few pics of the mods as I do them :) I have a few pics from the advert.
    image.jpeg image.jpeg

2. Matt

Matt Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    Copen
    So my first question is would these wheels fit the Copen it says they will on the site but wanted to check the width of the tyres would be okay :)

Wheelbase Alloy Wheels & Tyres

image.jpeg

3. ClareL

ClareL Copenworld Veteran

Car(s):
    1.3 2008 Copen
    They look like they should be Ok. Black wheels will look great on yellow too :cool:

Are the original alloys in alright condition? People get quite a lot for them on eBay normally - or keep them for winter tyres.

4. stonemanty

stonemanty Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    Porsche 997 GT3
    Mitsubishi Evo 9 RS
    Copen 660cc
    Go 17's!

5. Salieri

Salieri Copenworld Veteran

Car(s):
    Used to have a White Copen, but I sold it in 2023
    If the offset is not correct, the steering wheel will not be centered, so watch out!
    Original dimensions are 4,5x15 with a 40mm offset

6. Bemused

Bemused Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    Copen
    I have 6.5J x 15 OS 35 mm, they stick out a tiny bit.
    They are fine.
    Yours will be a little more sticky out.
    [​IMG]

7. Matt

Matt Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    Copen
    Yeah two of the wheels have a couple of bubbles but the other two aren't too bad, I'm going to be doing about 3000/4000 miles a year though so I should be okay. :)

8. Matt

Matt Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    Copen
    I wish

9. stonemanty

Car(s):
    Porsche 997 GT3
    Mitsubishi Evo 9 RS
    Copen 660cc
    Seriously, mine's on 17s with rubber band tyres, I think they're 165 35s or similar. I'd go and have a look but it's the middle of the night and pissing down!

I don't know the proper wheel size or offset; I bought it like that as a JDM import

I'll add a photo tomorrow if I remember

10. stonemanty

Car(s):
    Porsche 997 GT3
    Mitsubishi Evo 9 RS
    Copen 660cc
    I think I mentioned this before, it was on slightly taller tyres before and I was worried the already er, firm^ ride would be even worse - but it was actually better

^Mine's also got fully adjustable suspension front and rear which must be adjusted to rock hard for those lovely smooth Japanese roads. HK on the other hand has atrocious roads which take the piss and fillings out of the road tax payers

11. Matt

Matt Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    Copen
    Yeah I just got off the phone with wheelbase and he seems to think they're too wide 6.5 is the max you can go he thinks haha nice pic though

12. Matt

Matt Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    Copen
    Sweet! Yeah take a pic would be cool to see, I'm back on the hunt for some nice looking five spoke black wheels haha!

13. Matt

Matt Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    Copen
    I have made my first purchase anyway ! Although it didn't cost much I have bought some carbon wrap, going to attempt to do the mirrors and centre console. Not sure if will work but if it saves me money from the pro's doing it I'm up for that haha total cost was £3.99 for 2m x 200mm worth so worth a try :)

14. stonemanty

Car(s):
    Porsche 997 GT3
    Mitsubishi Evo 9 RS
    Copen 660cc
    Mine has really weird chrome wheels with big circular cutouts, I'd never have chosen them myself but I rather like them now

Problem is the GF mnaged to curb two of them at the same time - driving down a straight road and one is also losing its finish - I was thinking of picking up some 2nd hand ones from Up Garage when I go over to Japan in October, that'd be great

15. Matt

Matt Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    Copen
    Wouldn't let my gf anywhere near mine

16. Bemused

Car(s):
    Copen
    As I understand it 17s need a small packer under the front sub frame. 16s drop right in though but tyres become harder to source as the size goes up.

17. Bemused

Car(s):
    Copen
    7J is 1/2" wider than my 6.5J so would be approximately 1/4" further out than mine, should be well clear of steering problems. I could check my lock clearances if you need.
    But for sure 6.5J 38mm OS are fine.
    [​IMG]

Matt likes this.
  18. stonemanty

Car(s):
    Porsche 997 GT3
    Mitsubishi Evo 9 RS
    Copen 660cc
    I tell a Lie! They are actually 165 16 40s - I was convinced they were 17s 2015-09-21 15.40.37-2.jpg

19. stonemanty

Car(s):
    Porsche 997 GT3
    Mitsubishi Evo 9 RS
    Copen 660cc
    As you can see, very odd style wheels which I would never have chosen myself. Chrome?! :shake: However I really like them now, ahem, especially when it's clean :nod:
    I think the original owner liked a bit of chrome as they went for the wipers and vents too (which I was astonished to see the price of)
    You might note the seats are black cloth - I haven't seen any with leather over here, maybe they were an EU spec item? Having said that, HK and Japan get very hot and sweaty in the summer and leather seats are not good
    Oh, and mine's an auto, which is fairly unusual here too. It's 4 speed with a tiptronic style side gate
    Copen side.jpg

20. Salieri

Salieri Copenworld Veteran

Car(s):
    Used to have a White Copen, but I sold it in 2023
    Automatic was very popular in Japan, but not available in Europe.
    The leather seats were available on extra charge, alongside with the momo steering wheel, seat heaters etc. but almost everybody ordered them or they were the only option sold...that is why there are not as many cloth seats in the european versions.

Matt likes this.