1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My First Copen!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Gibson, Sep 25, 2014.

1. Gibson

Gibson Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen
    Hello everybody,

My name is Gill and I have named my Copen 'Gibson' (hence the username) because the registration begins SG (it's a guitar reference - my husband is in a band).
    I have just collected it from a dealer in Harrogate and brought it back home to Leigh in Lancashire. I think I got a good deal. It's an 07 with 53k on the clock and I got 12 months MOT, 12 months road tax, and a 24 month Autoguard warranty for £4950. It is silver with red leather upholstery and a Momo steering wheel. The leather on the drivers seat is a bit scuffed on the outside edge but I have already found some excellent advice on this site about the use of Woly shoe cream, so picked some up on Ebay.
    I'm really looking forward to being a member of such an exclusive club and hopefully bumping into (not literally!) some fellow owners along the way :p

2. hiramscodd

hiramscodd Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    53 plate black copen
    transit
    Hello there ,im on the lookout for one at the mo.

Im not a million miles from you in Chorley ,bet you enjoyed the drive back

3. ClareL

ClareL Copenworld Veteran

Car(s):
    1.3 2008 Copen
    Hello Gibson,
    Welcome to Copenworld. You will find loads of advice on here and the Woly shoe cream really works :)

4. Your Majesty

Your Majesty Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    Copen, no other car.
    SG's are terrific - a lovely neck and fingerboard, all those humbucking sounds and very light to hold. Does your OH wear schoolboy shorts and play a Cherry Red one?

5. Gibson

Gibson Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen
    Nice Welcome!

Hiramscodd - we had a great drive back. We went up on the M62 but came back via Skipton and then picked up the M65 at Colne. I looked at two other Copens before I chose this one. One quite nearby which was £4995 for an 08 with 66k on the clock but hadn't been taxed since 2012 and had some rust on the offside front wheel arch which put me off. The other was in Manchester and was an immaculate 09 with just 14k on the clock for £7500, but I read some bad reviews of the dealership so decided against it. I hope you find one soon.

ClareL - I'm going to have a go with the Woly tomorrow. I already tried it on some red shoes and was very impressed!

Your Majesty - Fortunately he is more Beatles than AC/DC (he really hasn't got the legs for short pants). His guitar of choice is a Rickenbacker 350v63 or Les Paul Custom. He'll not get a guitar in the Copen, though. If he's got a gig we will have to go in his car! ;)

6. quibbles

quibbles Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    2008 Copen and an Avensis
    Hello from another Gill! Nobby says hello to Gibson too :D Nobby is also named after his numberplate as it's KM08 which looks like "knob" if you squint at it :rolleyes:

7. Gibson

Gibson Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen
    Hi Gill - and Nobby! I'm still getting used to zipping around in Gibson after having a 1 litre Corsa which handled like a tank. It makes me feel quite giddy! :p

8. Old Badger

Old Badger Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    2004 Copen
    2016 Honda HR-V
    I tried squinting at my number plate but I looked like a knob :eek::(