1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My boot leak is curious...

Discussion in 'Problems, Fixes, Tips...' started by dsb, Feb 2, 2014.

1. dsb

dsb Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    copen vivid
    As mentions previously, found it swimming a while back after not opening it for a couple of weeks, sealed the brake light, dried it out. Today however, found a small bit of water under the carpet in the jack area.
    The carpet/board above is dry so it's not trickling from above, it's either appearing by teleportation or maybe somehow getting in from the lights on the rear of the car - rather than the boot mounted one. Anyone ever had a similar experience?
    Think I might have to strategically tape some tissue paper around the area to nail how it's happening.......

2. Lars

Lars Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen
  3. trustafox

trustafox Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Yes
  4. Lars

Lars Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen
  5. trustafox

trustafox Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Yes
    Oh the black rubber seal. I thought you was meaning the bead of sealant between metal sheets inside the boot.

6. Lars

Lars Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen
    Yes, the rubber seal that seals the boot against the lid. Sorry for the confusion.
    If you pull that rubber seal away, you'll find two panels/metal sheets welded together with sealent between them. It's not completely sealed though, there are gaps through which the water gets into the boot.
    On my Copen, that was behind the rear lights on both sides. There's a good description with pics on the German board, but I think you have to be registered and logged in to see the pics.

Lars

7. alz2605

alz2605 Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen
    VW Golf TDi
    Can you provide a link please. I'm registered on the site but haven't gotten to grips with navigating it yet.

8. alz2605

alz2605 Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen
    VW Golf TDi
  9. Lars

Lars Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen
    I hope you can solve the problem. :)