1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moisture in car boot?

Discussion in 'Problems, Fixes, Tips...' started by Sophie May, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Sophie May

Sophie May Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen 1.3
    Hi All,

Just bought my first Copen (my dream car) and I am in love, wonderful car! Only concern is that the boot seems to have a lot of condensation (at least that is what I think it is), meaning there is water in there which isn't really a big problem however as there is wiring in there for the convertible roof I'm worried that it could be damaged. Also worried about mould but not my main concern. Sorry if this has already been asked but any advice on what I could do to decrease the condensation or insulate better? Many thanks in advance!

2. BarnsleyRob

BarnsleyRob Copenworld Veteran

Car(s):
    2009/59 silver Copen 1298 cc (now gone to a new home)
    Plenty of threads on here cover that topic which is sometimes down to seals, either the boot seal or the boot mounted brake light.

If it’s properly wet, you need to resolve it before it damages the electrics. If it’s damp, put a dehumidifier (silica, cat litter or similar) and sort it when it’s gets a bit warmer.

If you park on a slope, try parking nose down as that sometimes helps.

Sophie May likes this.
  3. ct30

ct30 Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen
    Hello did you ever get this sorted? I have the same issue in my Copen- condensation in the boot lid when it’s cold :( if you did manage to get it sorted what did you do? Any help much appreciated

4. Sophie May

Sophie May Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen 1.3
    Hey there, you can’t really stop it completely but you can curb it with removing and resealing the centre/boot rear break light. This won’t completely resolve it however I found it helped with my Copen, then pop a dehumidifier pad in the boot and I noticed it considerably reduces condensation. Hope this helps ☺️

Small-but-Mighty likes this.