1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Miles to KM?

Discussion in 'Problems, Fixes, Tips...' started by sheppardpat47, Jun 22, 2022.

1. sheppardpat47

sheppardpat47 Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    2007 Daihatsu Sirion Sport 1.3 16V 87HP (K3-VE)
    2007 Daihatsu Copen 1.3 16V 87HP (K3-VE)
    Hello everyone,

So I'm looking to buy a 04' Daihatsu Copen with the 660cc 68bhp engine
    I was told the car was 61k km, but after looking on the pictures of the dashboard it's an Bri'ish dash ! So the car is around 98k km, I'm from Belgium and the seller is French.

I told that to the seller, I really want to buy this car but I want a Euro KM dashboard, is it swappable? How can I reset the kilometers to the right values on a new dash? Is there difference between the two?

Thanks !

2. Suzette

Suzette Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    Elise, Copen, VRS, GT6
    I have a Jap import car and the importer changed the scale of the speedo to mph but the odometer remains in km which doesn't bother me, it's shown as km on the MOT test. I was told it couldn't be fixed easily. There is probably someone out there that can help?
    I suspect the readout of 61k km is correct

3. sheppardpat47

sheppardpat47 Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    2007 Daihatsu Sirion Sport 1.3 16V 87HP (K3-VE)
    2007 Daihatsu Copen 1.3 16V 87HP (K3-VE)
    We will see, how much it needs to do a kilometers, pretty easy to check, if it's more than 1 kilometers it will be one mile instead
    But I want to change the whole speedo to another one with only kilometers, I wonder if it works