Mil light co code p0300

Discussion in 'Problems, Fixes, Tips...' started by hiramscodd, Mar 3, 2015.

1. hiramscodd

hiramscodd Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    53 plate black copen
    transit
    So last weekend i took the car out and gave it a serious thrashing ,it ran fantastic and pulled very well.

Out in it again today for a potter about and the engine light has come on:think: i have a cheapo reader and am getting p0300 code?

Have any of you techno folks on here any advice where to look ? have had a little google but there could be a multitude of issues .

Car seems to run fine so answers on a postcard to ...........................:(:(

2. DaG

DaG Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Copen 1.3
    Had that code on a fiat a few years ago and it turned out to be a coil pack.
    I would check the plugs and replace if needed. Your cheapo device should delete the code and put the light out. I would do that and see if it returns, they often crop up for no reason and deleting the code is sufficient. If you're lucky that is and don't thrash it again.:)

3. Number6

Number6 Inactive User

Car(s):
    2005 0.7L Copen
    P0300 is random intermittent misfire, on more than one cylinder.

Dag is right, reset the code and see if it happens again. If it does
    # Check and replace spark plugs
    # Check your battery on a load tester (Halfords can do this for you, but don't buy a battery from them because they are shite)
    # Check vacuum lines from intake manifold - the hoses might have a hole in them
    # Check fuel pump pressure - the filter might be clogged (Do you frequently drive with < 1/4 of a tank of petrol?)

4. hiramscodd

hiramscodd Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    53 plate black copen
    transit
    Thanks for the replys guys ,ill keep you updated

5. Number6

Number6 Inactive User

Car(s):
    2005 0.7L Copen
    My money is on wonky sparks or a dodgy battery.