Manual for Copen Cero 2016

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Julian Segal, Aug 9, 2017.

Where can I fund an English manual for the Copen Cero?

1. I don't know

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. I don't know

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Julian Segal

Julian Segal Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Copen
    Where can I fund an English manual for the Copen Cero?

2. adatara

adatara Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    L880 Copen; have a Honda Airwave (long Honda Fit); had Subaru Foresters
    I searched in Japanese for that manual, couldn't find an English version. Could only find the manual written in Japanese as PDF & smartphone app in the Apple app store or Google Play. Hope you are able to find one in English.

3. Vin Petrol

Vin Petrol Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    2004 0.7 Copen
    Since it wasn't actually released anywhere English-speaking, there may well not be one. You could autotranslate the Japanese one, but Japanese to English usually turns out gibberish mostly.

4. Nihal Saheed

Nihal Saheed Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen Cero 2015
    I just purchased a Cero 2015. The Eco Idle amber light keeps flashing and I cannot off/on it with the switch. I am looking for a manual or an advice as to how I can rectify this. Anyone who can assist will be highly appreciated. Best regards. Happy New Year 2019. Nihal Saheed

5. adatara

adatara Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    L880 Copen; have a Honda Airwave (long Honda Fit); had Subaru Foresters
    I searched in Japanese for your problem, Nihal. Advice seems to be: connect to a computer diagnosis device; that is the best way to find out the problem. Some problems were battery related - less battery power in cold weather. Owners of other Daihatsu car models were asking similar questions to yours.

This is what I searched for in Japanese: コペン エコアイドル
    translates to 'Copen eco idle'
    On this site I used google translate -
    タント・エコアイドルランプ点滅!なぜ?

answer from another site, run thru google translate:
    Current cars such as idling stop cars and computer control are evolving day by day and we have talked about them in the past, but it is just a trouble in such a place.

The unused car of Daihatsu purchased at our company, the so-called old-fashioned car, flashed the eco idol warning light for a while and it was said that the battery went up in a few days.

I think that the breakdown of the idling stop car will also begin to emerge, so I will tell it for your reference.

Battery voltage check first. Very weak. So the eco idol did not work and the warning light was flashing? But it's too early for the battery to go up yet. I tried to see if there was no other cause.

Check with a computer diagnostic machine. P1602 Power supply voltage drop abnormality at startup. There is no doubt that there is a problem with the battery. Because it is firmly inheriting the new car guarantee though it is a new car, to Daihatsu dealer just in case. The result is no problem.

Since the battery is weak, I tried to replace it with a battery dedicated for idling stop car. But the eco idol warning light remains blinking. I studied what it was like to do.

The warning light will not disappear even if you try to erase with a computer diagnostic machine. When looking at the maintenance manual, it can not be eliminated by the diagnostic machine, so I left it for 1 minute after unplugging the ECU - B and BACKUP in the fuse box .

When I tried it exactly it disappeared quite well. I did not think that even the computer diagnostic machine had an erasable error code in the latest car.

In this way, without a computer diagnostic machine, the car can not deal with the trouble in many cases, but there is also a way to deal with that computer diagnostic machine can not be used.

It is probably thought that the initial malfunction of the battery is probably caused this time, but it is now the car that does not quit after changing the battery.

Because everyone has convenient troubles of cars unexpectedly troublesome, I think that it is better to do regular inspections.

1. Carefully rise the battery of the idling stop car. Sometimes work other than replacing the battery is necessary
    2. Some of the Daihatsu car idling stop warning light can not be erased by the computer diagnostic machine (Not all are)
    3. Always do regular inspection and maintenance
    4 Let's choose a factory with a diagnostic machine

6. Nihal Saheed

Nihal Saheed Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen Cero 2015
    I thank all Copen owners who responded to my question with regard to the eco-idle light and the comments were useful. I was able to solve the problem by getting my service center to use their diagnostic tool to clear the error. Now it works perfectly. Good luck for the owners who still continue to have this problem. It is not a major issue anyway. Best regards. Nihal Saheed

adatara likes this.