Main beam light

Discussion in 'Problems, Fixes, Tips...' started by ct30, Oct 18, 2015.

1. ct30

ct30 Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen
    Hi all

A newbie Copen owner here :clap:
    My main beam bulb has blown, I have read in the manual that you have to remove the front bumper. But looked online and you can apparently just remove the wheel arch.
    Does anyone have any advice on this?

Many thanks
    Charlotte

2. ClareL

ClareL Copenworld Veteran

Car(s):
    1.3 2008 Copen
    Hi Charlotte, welcome to Copenworld!
    I have no experience of changing this bulb but the handbook says you can access the dipped beam lamp using the method via the wheel arch, but the main beam would require removal of the bumper to access the lamp unit to make the change. If anyone else had had experience of this change I'm sure they will offer their advice.

This link might help with removing the wheel arch if you want to give it a try before removing the bumper.
    http://www.geocities.jp/nishikawananami/copenfow.htm

:blush::blush::blush:You could always go to Halfords and try paying them £7 to fit the bulb on their "we fit" scheme :blush::blush::blush:

Last edited: Oct 18, 2015
  3. ct30

ct30 Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen
    Hi Clare,

Thank you for the links, that's really helpful.

Hehe that did make me smile my Partner suggested the same about the Halfords service :giggle:

4. Your Majesty

Your Majesty Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    Copen, no other car.
    We tried this last year for one of the rear indicator bulbs (a somewhat simpler job than the front bulbs), it was a cold wet winter Saturday so thought it would be worth it. However, the Halfords mechanic had a look and said he wouldn't do it and we would have to take it to a garage. I tried to explain what to do but he didn't want to try. He did say though that because we'd been waiting for our turn for this job, he would refund the cost and let me keep the replacement bulb anyway - so it was sort of "Well done to Halfords" but I still ended up getting cold and wet changing it.

5. dsb

dsb Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    copen vivid
    i managed to change the main beam bulb by removing the wheel and pulling back the lining - taking off the bumper is a nightmare and not needed.

copenforbusiness likes this.