1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Luggage racks

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Buzz, Feb 9, 2017.

1. Buzz

Buzz Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    2006 Copen
    Greetings fellow Copen'ers, I purchased my '06 Copen just over a week ago and still haven't stopped smiling. It has certainly has put the thrill back into driving. I even look forward to driving to work because I'll have the fun of driving my Copen back home again. In an effort to make it a bit more practical I've looked into getting a luggage rack for the boot (how else am I going to entice my girlfriend out for a picnic in the Summer with the roof down and the hamper balanced somewhere other than on her knees?) An internet search threw up several possibilities Chromdesign (Germany) Cabriostyling (Netherlands) Roof Box Company (UK) but on making contact with them they no longer stock the item. The Amazon model is 'Sold out' (wasn't too keen on the design anyway). So my question is. Can anybody tell me where I can currently find a Luggage rack for my Copen. I particularly liked the model that Chromdesign used to make. Any suggestions please.

Vin Petrol likes this.
  2. Barry Copen

Barry Copen Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    58 reg. R40 red 1.3 Copen; now gone, I'm afraid.
    11 reg. MX5 2.0 Kendo
    68 reg. BMW 1 Series
    You might also want to consider the boot-bag.com arrangement; less robust, but much cheaper & less chance of ruing the paintwork.....

3. BarnsleyRob

BarnsleyRob Copenworld Veteran

Car(s):
    2009/59 silver Copen 1298 cc (now gone to a new home)
  4. ClareL

ClareL Copenworld Veteran

Car(s):
    1.3 2008 Copen
  5. Buzz

Buzz Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    2006 Copen
    Thanks Barry, That looks like a great product. Do you have one or know of anyone who's fitted one on a Copen? I presume it would be wise to attach the bag to the boot lid after the roof has been folded away to avoid to much strain on the boot opening mechanism. Regards, Steve.

6. Buzz

Buzz Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    2006 Copen
  7. Buzz

Buzz Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    2006 Copen
  8. Barry Copen

Barry Copen Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    58 reg. R40 red 1.3 Copen; now gone, I'm afraid.
    11 reg. MX5 2.0 Kendo
    68 reg. BMW 1 Series
    I bought a 2nd hand bootbag just before Xmas, but I haven't tried it yet - waiting for some decent weather.

There is a video on youtube which explains how it all works. As I never know how to do links, the title of the video is:

"Overview of the boot-bag car trunk luggage rack system only from boot-bag.com"

Hopefully you can find this.

Barry

9. Buzz

Buzz Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    2006 Copen
    Cheers mate, all very helpful, I've sent an email to Liza at Boot-bag.com. I will check out youtube over the weekend. Steve