Looking with interest

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by jdmodified, Apr 20, 2012.

1. jdmodified

jdmodified Copenworld Newbie

Hi all.
    We are looking here with interest because we have been tuning a few suzuki cappuccinos lately and very much like them, one of my customers asked us to look into the copen for him with regard to tuning potential to see what we could offer him, so now its time to study a liitle, would be keen to hear about any well tuned examples here.
    James

2. Adam K

Adam K Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Nissan Cube Kaizen
    Hi JDmodified, welcome to Copenworld.
    I used to have a Suzuki Cappuccino, a very tunable car. I had a N1 ecu fitted to mine. Which was brilliant! Never felt the need go up for the N2 with injectors & turbo.
    I guess your be looking at the 659 turbo Copen. There is a good tuning scene in Japan. With some good parts frm companies like D Sport, Martian Crate & HKS & Take Off.
    The problem with the UK Copens is that they have a different wiring harness set up than in Japan. This means the ECU upgrades aren't compatible.

I don't know of any heavily tuned Copens in the UK. There was a guy in the Netherlands & one of read of in Australia.
    Our friends in Germany have sourced local suppliers to them who offer ECU mapping for the Copen. There's a thread somewhere recently about the two options.

I would be interested in what work you've done for Cappuccino's. Are you involved with Club Cappo?
    Also in what you get up to with Copens.

3. jdmodified

Hi Adam

Well one of the most tuned cappo's in the uk belongs to my customer and has been remapped today because its being sold to a french man who is collecting it Tuesday, its a fully forged engine with 330 cc injectors, hybrid turbo and we redesign the ignition system to run on a aem ecu which we fitted and mapped, its currently running 1.2 bar and around 150 hp, we have repainted most of the car to get rid of the pinky-ness, dealt with the usual rust problems and undersealed her, it has a two way diff which makes it lively ;)
    During this last visit we moulded a inward vent into the bonnet and repainted the bonnet that sits directly over the intake to get the cold air in, there was also painting and fitting of some side vents.
    Its a real shame to see it go but my customer is ready to move on so hey ho.
    James

4. Adam K

Adam K Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Nissan Cube Kaizen
    Wow that must be one quick little Cappo.

5. jdmodified

oh yes its lively alright :D
    James