1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Long wait ... coming to an end!

Discussion in 'Problems, Fixes, Tips...' started by JulesAtCumbria, Jul 3, 2016.

1. JulesAtCumbria

JulesAtCumbria Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    2009 (59) Copen
    Remember the weather that hit Cumbria last winter? Remember the floods and the gales - all across the news? Well, our mad neighbours from two doors down decided that this would be a great time to start their loft conversion. The scaffolding and sheeting did not agree! :(

Gale.jpg
    In the ensuing destruction of their scaffolding, bits of wood went flying around like torpedos and poor Neville, who I thought was tucked away safely behind the shed, suffered a direct hit on his roof causing two sizeable dents. :cry::rolleyes:

Dents.jpg

Having contacted the excellent Sam Clark, body repairman extraordinaire, to sort out the damage it transpired that his workshop had been completely flooded and it wasn't going to be operational for a while. Well, here we are in July, the spray booths are back in and ready to roll, so Nev has left this evening for his long-awaited repair - phew! I'll let you know how it goes!

Old Badger likes this.
  2. Old Badger

Old Badger Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    2004 Copen
    2016 Honda HR-V
    Oh no Jules! Poor Neville.:( Hope he's back in action soon. By the way, leaving out the moisture barrier in the doors.....in Cumbria??? Maybe needs a rethink! ;);)

JulesAtCumbria likes this.
  3. Old Badger

Car(s):
    2004 Copen
    2016 Honda HR-V
    By the way is the blue house yours?

4. ClareL

ClareL Copenworld Veteran

Car(s):
    1.3 2008 Copen
    Poor Neville, I bet you were upset - are you still talking to the neighbours :cry:

5. JulesAtCumbria

Car(s):
    2009 (59) Copen
    Thanks Badger! Yes, he's due to be back, bigger and better ... well, straighter and shinier .... on Tuesday evening, all being well. Oh, and yes ... the blue one. It was a lovely yellow for several years, but we decided on a pastel change last summer.

Old Badger likes this.
  6. JulesAtCumbria

Car(s):
    2009 (59) Copen
    Thank you Clare! Oh yes, all forgiven (they were really upset, especially keeping everyone awake for a night or two with the row from the disintegrating sheeting) and they're hoping to invoke their builder's liability insurance. We remain the best of friends (phew!).

7. JulesAtCumbria

Car(s):
    2009 (59) Copen
    Hooray!! :clap: Neville's back, all straight, shiny and gleaming! :clap: Was going to pop an 'after' picture on but then thought, "so, that'll just look like a normal silver Copen then!" So I won't. :whew: Sunshine tomorrow ... maybe?

8. Bemused

Bemused Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    Copen
    Congratulations, love the blue btw

9. ClareL

ClareL Copenworld Veteran

Car(s):
    1.3 2008 Copen
    That was quick :D I bet you are pleased to have him back looking perfect. :D

I like the blue too by the way :clap:

10. Old Badger

Car(s):
    2004 Copen
    2016 Honda HR-V
    Glad to hear Neville's back from the plastic surgery and looking rejuvenated!! Wish I could get that done and be Young Badger again :cry: but on a brighter note I like the blue too! And it looks like you have a view from the house straight into the mountains! What a place! :rofl:

11. JulesAtCumbria

Car(s):
    2009 (59) Copen
    Oo, yes Clare - great to have him back on the road and one of the reasons I use Sam - magic job done in double-quick time. Thanks to you and #Bemused for the thumbs-up on the house - not sure the rest of the row are too keen!

12. JulesAtCumbria

Car(s):
    2009 (59) Copen
    Talking of the view from the house, Badger, this is a pic I bunged on facebook this week when, on a glorious evening, we seemed to have been visited by a spaceship!

P1090972.JPG

Old Badger likes this.
  13. Old Badger

Car(s):
    2004 Copen
    2016 Honda HR-V
    Wow! What a view! What an amazing place. Neville must be really happy there :D