1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Livid!

Discussion in 'Problems, Fixes, Tips...' started by sunlover, Jul 10, 2021.

1. sunlover

sunlover Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    Copen
    Hi guys after a bit of advice please, I've just had 4 new tyres fitted and all good. The garage mentioned that my alloys had only been refurbished on the outside by the previous garage, they were shocked as the cost I paid was for the whole wheel and no mention of the Inside not being done. I've no intention of letting these cowboys away with it, they probably thought I'd never notice, is it trading standards I should discuss with, any other thoughts on how to tackle these guys, so far less than helpful but ive no intention of letting them away with this.

2. APPLEDjerry

APPLEDjerry Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    'Lola': 2009 Copen 1.3 Silver
    'Griffin the Mule': Vauxhall Vectra Estate, 2008, 1.8, black.
    I'm no expert in this, but I would imagine trading standards is the way to go. Do you have any written evidence that you paid for whole wheel refurbishment? If not, I feel that you may have a hard time getting what you paid for. The only other thing that comes to mind is that I think most people would consider it normal for the whole wheel to be refurbished. If the price paid reflects that, rather than a notably lesser price for part refurb, that might help your case if you had to go to a small claims court.

Good luck.

sunlover likes this.
  3. sunlover

sunlover Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    Copen
    Thanks for your reply its appreciated. That's my thoughts too the price I paid was £50 quid a wheel which is standard, there was certainly no mention of just the front. The garage I got my tyres from is actually the refurbs supplier and they said its poor when they do that and £50 is the cost for a full wheel, sometimes cheaper. The refurb company have actually come back and said they will finish the work but I don't want my car to go there now tbh, God knows what they will do. I gave them the chance of refunding but they are stalling so trading standards today let's see what they come back with. They also damaged 2 parts of my car which I found out about when I got it back so they won't be getting a change to do more.

APPLEDjerry likes this.
  4. APPLEDjerry

APPLEDjerry Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    'Lola': 2009 Copen 1.3 Silver
    'Griffin the Mule': Vauxhall Vectra Estate, 2008, 1.8, black.
    So sorry to hear of the monkeys vandalising your baby too. That's assault! I hope you can get somewhere with the help of trading standards.

sunlover likes this.