1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LED indicators

Discussion in 'Modifications' started by shane, May 6, 2017.

1. shane

shane Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen 0.66
    I'm interested in kitting my Copen out with LED indicators.

The problem is the usual one - the reduced current on the circuit messes with the blink rate of the indicators. I could add ballasts to each quarter to make them blink at a proper rate, or, preferably, I could try something like this -

Electronic Flasher Blinker Indicator

Has anyone tried this? If so, which module did you use?

I'm just looking for a way to reduce the chance of me having to change the bulbs in future because the whole thing is such a PITA. I've already gone LED for the parking light at the front, and want to go LED for the back light, stop light, fog light and blinkers.

2. Vin Petrol

Vin Petrol Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    2004 0.7 Copen
    There's a type called CANBUS which have a built-in resistor so they appear to the circuit as normal bulbs.

3. shane

shane Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen 0.66
    I have read conflicting reports about those. AFAIK, CANBUS bulbs are designed for CANBUS equipped vehicles - the Copen is not one of those, and they might still flash way too fast. See here -

CAN Bus LED Bulbs - FAQ - superbrightleds.com

4. Vin Petrol

Vin Petrol Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    2004 0.7 Copen
    Ah, think I got 2 things mixed up there! Read about fitting resistors in parallel to stop flashing, read about canbus bulbs having resistors built in to reach enough draw to be detected and thought they worked the same, my bad.