1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Leaky Boot

Discussion in 'Problems, Fixes, Tips...' started by Butcher Boy, Mar 31, 2010.

1. Butcher Boy

Butcher Boy Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Copen and Mazda 6
    Just bought a used copen and have a small amount of water leaking into the boot. I think that it is coming in through the rear light fitting, any ideas how to stop it.
    Many thanks
    Butcher Boy

2. honeyjew

honeyjew Copenworld Member

Firstly I would suggest making sure that the water is not getting in there when you open the boot - as that can happen. If that's not the case then you may find the service manual on this site may be able to assist in taking off the brake light (which I'm assuming is the light you mean) and then you could re-install it with some silicon gel/sealant or likewise to stop the leak.

3. Butcher Boy

Butcher Boy Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Copen and Mazda 6
    thanks will give it a go.

4. honeyjew

honeyjew Copenworld Member

Here's the relevant page from the service manual: J1-17

[​IMG]

5. cobilly

cobilly Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    Audi 80 B2
    Mitsubishi Pajero 2d GDI
    Daihatsu Copen 1.3
    Had the same problem. Found that the dealer had no real solution (apparently they don't read service manuals) but decided to order a new break light as they were afraid they would break the original one which was hard to remove. Eventually they removed it, and sealed it with sealant. As a side effect, two weeks days later I am a proud owner of a 2nd, new, unused, and never installed Copen break light. But no water ever came again in the boot, which is good.