1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Latest mods...

Discussion in 'Modifications' started by ClareL, Jun 23, 2013.

1. ClareL

ClareL Copenworld Veteran

Car(s):
    1.3 2008 Copen
  2. trustafox

trustafox Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Yes
    I want some alloy sils!

3. Binz

Binz Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    Copen (plus Kawasaki W650 and Honda CRV)
    liking the pedals too, smart without being vulgar.

4. ClareL

Car(s):
    1.3 2008 Copen
    New Grill arrived!

Nine weeks from order, yes 9 weeks and having paid the ransom demand of a further £20 from customs :-(( although we had seen that coming...
    The seller was at least optimistic suggesting 5 week delivery, or ours found the slow boat from Kanagawa :rolleyes:
    Our new grill has arrived, fitted it to realise, although never apparent before, our bonnet emblem had been applied off centre, to the left, there are fins on this grill that made it look so obvious we took the decision to de-badge the bonnet, the only question now is do we de-badge the boot too :think:
    We're happy with the result though... :D

Attached Files:

5. trustafox

Car(s):
    Yes
    yes do the boot. it looks cramped to me if you have the spoiler. I think I am going to do mine.

looks good with the grill

6. Adam K

Adam K Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Nissan Cube Kaizen
    Can't beat the Ultimate Grill. It looks great on any coloured Copen.

7. ClareL

Car(s):
    1.3 2008 Copen
    Now I just need to lower or shrink the number plate :D

8. DaG

DaG Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Copen 1.3
    That's a very shiny car and the grill looks great, nice job.
    I like the debadged look as wel,l if you do the back of the car nobody will know what car it is. Some cars are easy to recognise even without badges but Copens are a different story. Don't forget to do the wind deflector as well for that total no badge look.:D

9. ClareL

Car(s):
    1.3 2008 Copen
    I did the wind deflector a while ago as I didn't like the sticker and as Garry (who keeps posting in my name) went to golf tonight I did the back while he wasn't looking :D I like to keep people guessing and also get annoyed with the people who love my car until they work out what make it is.:-((

I have to give him credit for the shininess - he has become obsessed - apparently it is relaxing.:p I am not complaining.

10. trustafox

Car(s):
    Yes
    A guy at work was asking about my car today at work. he had not known I had a new one. He asked what it was. I said Daihatsu. He then rambled on about cars from Korea :eek: kia's this, Daihatsu that. Apparently Korean cars are economical! :think:

He said I need to get this new car thats short but high with lots of head room! I don't want a postman pat van :(

Later in the afternoon when I poked my head in the door, he mentioned it again because the woman who had told him was in there also. Korea blah blah blah. I said its Japanese :p:cool:

11. DaG

DaG Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Copen 1.3
    You should have said "north or south Korea?" I bet that would have stumped him.

12. ClareL

Car(s):
    1.3 2008 Copen
    Strangest thing, today, I was showing off my grill look to someone whose response was... 'What car is that?', I showed another picture of the same front elevation with the badge on and immediately he said 'oh, a Copen'! Just the fact he badge wasn't there threw him completely, even though he knew the car, bizarre :D
    Garry, obsessed with polishing, using it as therapy!! :p

PS: the Copen badge is staying! It's part of its' character I think...

13. trustafox

Car(s):
    Yes
    I've got an after market badge I'm putting on mine...........'DaG Engineering'

it goes on the fuel cap!!! :D

14. debs

debs Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    Copen 659cc '53 plate, plus BMW 520d estate.
    My copen was already debadged when I bought it, which I like. Only letdown is the rear number plate which has the Daihatsu dealership's name and gives the game away, really. I suppose ill have to get a new one to keep everyone guessing!