Key Fob issues

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by wwjdy00, Oct 23, 2017.

1. wwjdy00

wwjdy00 Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    crosser
    Hi my recently acquired copen remote control keyfob stopped working so I changed the battery.It worked for 2 days when again it stopped working.In case the battery was a dud I tried another new one.Again it lasted only 2 days so I concluded that the key fob is faulty draining the battery? Can I just purchase any copen remote and Re-pair it? Any ideas Gratefully received!

2. BarnsleyRob

BarnsleyRob Copenworld Veteran

Car(s):
    2009/59 silver Copen 1298 cc (now gone to a new home)
    Is it actually a Cobra fob for the alarm/immobilsor, of which there are 2-3 types fitted to the Copen. If so, you'll need to get the new fob (about £25) and pairing instructions from CobraCarTech. The instructions are relatively straightforward as long as the main unit plays nice but I ended up having to send the unit back to be paired to the new and existing fobs.

CobraCarTech re-code the fobs for free and return the unit in a couple of days but obviously you can't use the car while the alarm/immobilisor is out of the vehicle.

Alexandra and wwjdy00 like this.
  3. Vin Petrol

Vin Petrol Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    2004 0.7 Copen
    No idea on fixing it other than checking the button's or their contact points aren't stuck down. I assume from key fob it's the standard Daihatsu one? Then yes, just buy any and re-pair it if you need a new one.

wwjdy00 likes this.
  4. Alexandra

Alexandra Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Toyota & Daihatsu

5. Alexandra

Car(s):
    Toyota & Daihatsu
    I have the same issue Jan 2021! Replaced battery a few times in keyfob - works for a few minutes then fails. Are cobra car tech still the best for this?

6. Alexandra

Car(s):
    Toyota & Daihatsu
    I contact Cobra Car Tech today - and they said they would not be able to assist :(

7. APPLEDjerry

APPLEDjerry Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    'Lola': 2009 Copen 1.3 Silver
    'Griffin the Mule': Vauxhall Vectra Estate, 2008, 1.8, black.
    That is a sorry state of affairs, the company that made the alarm not being able to help any more.
    It worries me that one day any of us with the Cobra alarmed cars could end up with a very expensive paper weight.

8. BarnsleyRob

BarnsleyRob Copenworld Veteran

Car(s):
    2009/59 silver Copen 1298 cc (now gone to a new home)
    I thought I’d posted the details of the alarm model on here somewhere. It may be that you have to buy and install a new unit. As far as I recall, they’re plug and play since all the peripheral wiring will already be in place.

9. GuzziMan

GuzziMan Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    Mitsubishi Shogun, 659cc Copen, 350 Z
    Hi
    Just read about your problem and perhaps this information might resolve it.
    Cobra alarm1.jpg