1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It's been a while

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by sunlover, Mar 18, 2023.

1. sunlover

sunlover Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    Copen
    Hi guys it's been a while since ive posted due to ill health, I haven't even properly browsed on here for a long time, hope you're all ok.

My lovely wee copen has sadly sat on the drive since the mot expired in October as I wasn't well enough to drive it, now it has the dreaded boot issue and won't open etc, the roof hasn't opened for a long time so I need to get it sorted. I toyed with the idea of replacing it and have looked at mini and fiat 500s and even a masda mx5 and just couldn't do it they are not nearly as cute as the copen. Today I opened up my copen and fell in love all over again yes it has a few electrical issues with the boot, but the bodywork is still going strong after the refurb, new shocks and refurb wheels so the plan is to get it back on the road over the next few months , husband thinks I'm bonkers but I love it ,watch this space. It still has only 37k miles in it so no way am I letting it go, can't wait to catch up on all your posts.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2023
  2. Roy Copen

Roy Copen Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    Copen Pearl
    Hi,
    First of all, I hope you're ok now.

About the Copen, I totally agree with you that no other car is as cute as ours !

I hope that you'll find solutions about it's issues !

Good luck with the troubleshooting ;-)

sunlover likes this.
  3. sunlover

Car(s):
    Copen
    Hey thanks so much, I'm getting there and definitely felt better after sitting in my car, going to spend a few weeks getting it cleaned up and then pop into the garage, felt so good to be behind the wheel even if it was just on the drive.

4. Davecbr1000

Davecbr1000 Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Red. Vivid 660cc
    Hi Jo, our Copen has sat on the drive the past 5 years but has fired up and is ready for action again.
    We are in Wiltshire , whereabouts are you.

sunlover likes this.
  5. Davecbr1000

Davecbr1000 Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Red. Vivid 660cc

Hi again Jo, our Copen “tiny” is my wife’s car, it’s a vivid (red) and is in need of a new mot.
    We have owned the car nearly ten years now and it runs like a sewing machine

sunlover likes this.
  6. Brad

Brad Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    2002 Copen, 1999 Dodge 3/4 Ton Ram, 2002 Gino, 1999 Harley Davidson Sportster
    Hi Jo, glad you're feeling better. With a little love and some mechanical attention your Copen will feel better soon too!

sunlover likes this.
  7. TooCopen

TooCopen Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    Copen 0.7
    Hi Jo,
    Hope you are better now, Copen is a very good "medicine" for that ;)
    Did you solve the starting problem ? My Copen is old, but still in good shape, except that I have to replace the battery often. Every thing is working good if the baterry is new, on my point of view.
    Be pleased to have news from you, from your Copen. And ready to help you if needed and possible.
    Good time with Copen

sunlover likes this.
  8. sunlover

Car(s):
    Copen
    Thanks so much everyone, I've been awol again with work. Just been out to my car today and managed to get the boot opened by releasing the hooks, the boot was dry which was a relief but the hydrolic fluid has leaked, I'm gutted, this is possibly the issue with the boot not opening by remote and the alarm sounding. Going to speak to my garage tomorrow, I'm hoping they can fix it, will get it booked in likely in June when I'm on leave, hope you're all still motoring trouble free

9. sunlover

Car(s):
    Copen
    Hi glad yours is still going well. I bought a new battery yesterday but still the same issue but found out its a leaky hydrolic,. No idea if this is beyond repair, I'm praying it's not but will book into the garage next month, keep your fingers crossed please

10. sunlover

Car(s):
    Copen
    Hi I'm in Ayrshire , wow that's brilliant, they are lovely little cars, happy motoring