1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is the low beam bulb type H1 or H7?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Brian S, Aug 27, 2019.

1. Brian S

Brian S Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    Dec 2003 659cc silver Copen. Boost controller, cold air, 2" exhaust, underglow etc.,
    My bike is a 2016 Suzuki Maxi with Malossi Variator, straight through exhaust etc.
    Hi everyone,

I've looked through both service manuals but neither specify if the actual low beam bulb is type H1 or H7.
    I'm looking to upgrade my lights & my auto electrician asked me what type of bulb but the manuals just say "55 watt".
    If anyone can tell me I'd appreciate it.

Many thanks, Brian

2. Brian S

Car(s):
    Dec 2003 659cc silver Copen. Boost controller, cold air, 2" exhaust, underglow etc.,
    My bike is a 2016 Suzuki Maxi with Malossi Variator, straight through exhaust etc.
    PS It's a 2003 Australian delivered 659 [big block]

PPS The auto-electrician wasn't very helpful. But he had a quick feel into the [tight] engine bay & said he'd have to remove the whole light to check.

Off the top of his head he quoted me $350 if LED bulbs will fit, or $250 for xenon (I think) which he said would fit. He also told me they might wear out in a year if I use my headlights all the time. Great. I guess I could use parkers & fog lights as daylight running lights.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2019
  3. jez77

jez77 Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    2003 Daihatsu Copen
    2000 Toyota RAV4
    I'm pretty sure it's illegal to install LED or Xenon bulbs in cars that weren't originally fitted with them in OZ.

4. Stealth

Stealth Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Copen
    They're H1 bulbs

I put these in and they are brilliant.

2x OSRAM H1 Night Breaker Laser (Next Generation) +150% Car Headlight Bulbs 448 | eBay

5. Brian S

Car(s):
    The auto-electrician never mentioned that. Think I might ignore that law if it exists, jez. I'm hardly likely to be dazzling the oncoming and I think they'd improve my safety. I'll just take the risk. Thanks, Brian

6. Brian S

Car(s):
    Thanks Stealth, I've ordered a pair from the UK for around $40 AUD using your link. ebay Aust just took me to the same page. This should improve safety in my tiny, silver Copen & let me see better at night. The Copenworld community is a wonderful resource. Thanks again, Brian